QQC's 2012 d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
qqc d22 said:
Any suggestions on where to mount uhf? Its a tx4600 so its quiet a big unit and cant find anywhere decent to mount it. XD

Can't mount it under CD player??? Or is it too for that??

Nah to big you can buy an adapter to suit single din but the factory double din stezza is actually not to bad in the new ones bluetooth musi and handsfree and usb jack in it for charging so i dont really want to change it. i cant find any where decent to mount it. about the best ive come up with is pull out one of those stupid little ashtrays and the cigarette socket run the aerial wire through the cig socket hole and power wires through the ash tray then make brackets to hold the unit in place. im a smoker that always loses my lightrler lol so not real keen on ditching cig liter. easy way to get power but lol

Lol yeah that's fair enough lol I had the single head unit so I have space underneath to put my UHF. I like the idea of storing it behind the dash that way noone can see it I guess

Well ended up making a mount to fit uhf underneath cigarette lighter. looks good but now you cant open the two useless ashtrays which is no loss in my opinion. new steel ironman bullbar went on today looks not to bad wire up spotlight and uhf aerial and mounted them all on the bar. have two 170 lightforce off my old ute on there but i think im gonna get a third and run three across the front to fill the gap. should look a lot better i think.

Will post some pics when i remeber to bring home my phone cable incase anyone wants to see a nav with a bullbar lol 0_o

Christened the nav, she stuffed now :) lol
Got to fraiser island at about 9am and have successfully filled the underside of the nav with salty beach sand lol. Hopefully it won't be raining. Tomorrow like it is atm.

I have to say I have never seen so much litter on the beach and fore dunes, everywhere you look is a bottle or bag it's terrible really:(
Anyway barge is just rocking up with the Missus on it so time to head back to the other side of the island.
Ciao

UHF mounted had to make a bracket so that it would fit. Ash trays no longer open but there terrible anyway.

Attachments

• 2012-05-18 10.59.59 (Custom).jpg
    2012-05-18 10.59.59 (Custom).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 98
few pics, one with the new bar with lights and aerial on. roof rack in the making not quiet finished and the nav in front of the pinnacles on fraiser island.

made a pivoting aerial mount today cause it doesn't fit under my low carport in front of the shed :( spent 5hrs trying to get all the sand out from underneath it also :( next on the list is front ladder rack as i need it for work bad.

Attachments

• 2012-05-22 13.36.25 (Custom).jpg
    2012-05-22 13.36.25 (Custom).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 945
  • 2012-05-15 14.04.47 (Custom).jpg
    2012-05-15 14.04.47 (Custom).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0272 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0272 (Custom).JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 866
Just ordered mongoose car alarm off ebay so i can have central locking and a turbo timer. msg the seller if he could send it todqay express post so i would get it by the weekend and it was posted within an hour :)

Should help keep me swearing in the shed for a few hours on the weekend lol

well fitted car alarm was a bit of pain in the arse just cause you gotta jam yourself in the d/s floor pan to do the whole thing. Was lucky enough that when i was tracking down a d/s door actuator the guy was mongoose car alarm dealer and printed me out the dealer fit sheet which told me which wires were which and where in the car they were located :) made life heaps easier. still need to run wire through firewall somewhere for siren but other than that all functions great.
the only problem i can see is if you unlock the car and don't open the door within 30 secs it re locks the doors. because nissan are a bunch of tight asses and only put a d/s door switch i can see me unlocking the car opening one of the other three doors putting keys on seat shutting the door then the alarm rearming because i haven't activated d/s switch and lock the keys in the car :(
Also fitted a nissan tinted bonnet protector as nissan only wanted $77 for one and had it in stock everyone else autobahn etc. wanted the same or more and had to order it.

next is front ladder rack and fit roof rack on the rear canopy.

does anyone know how to change the turbo timer duration on a mongoose car alarm and is anybody running the calamini 3" lift. the complete calamini kit torsion bars shocks rear springs?
Just wondering what they ride like and if the rear springs handle a little load all right
cheers Dale

Great looking truck mate, just how I'm hoping mine will start too look like soon. I've been trying to find someone with the ironman bar. How did it fIt up? And does the quality seem good? Did you buy online or through ironman?

Cheers mate

-Tyler

Cheers mate the trucks slowly getting there. the iron man bar is an excellent fit . has pretty solid mounts, i dont think you could really mount it any better. It does flutter and vibrate a bit on the ruff stuff but talking to others on this forum all the bars do it arb tjm etc. i bought it off local ironman dealer was $1100 fitted and they did a good job fitting it. painted behind it so when you look through gaurd gaps its all black the wiring wasnt the best to the parkers but it was exceptable. you can see some small penertration marks where stuff is welded on the back of the bar but not enough to worry about. Im pretty picky.

Really need to get some new pics up here have built a new rear bar tube style few other bits and pieces oh and tboned a xr6 falcon :/ FAIL lol.
Anyway minimal damage to my trusty nav busted head light and scratched bullbar nothing bent :-D
So ill get a new bullbar even know its only 3mnths old lol and some new spotties aswell ;)
Hopefully ill get the original bar back aswell and repowdercoat it for a spare :* dont know why youd need a spare but lol

Latest posts

Back