Power Windows

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty_h_c

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to fit power windows to a 07 D40 RX by fitting STX doors? Are the wiring harnesses there to just plug the STX door in?

Probably no need for two threads on the one topic.

My guess would be no, the wiring for all doors connected to the BCM would not be in place but you could check this by looking at the wiring loom that heads into the door, or is in either the A or B pillar and comparing it to the model that you get the door off. There is plenty of extra wiring in a car these days but as the BCM controls such items wiring isn't all you'll need.

I did the install for another member last year or the year before, pm me if you're in vic and want a quote. You have to add the fuse position and all the wiring, there's nothing there for it from factory. I wouldn't change over doors, just swap in the regulators from an rx.

That's a new one on me. The manual I have doesn't describe a non-power-windowed version of the car. The Thai builds sometimes don't have the harnesses in place - the ambient temp sensor, for example. The STX is made in Spain (VIN starts with VSK, the Thai cars VINs start with MNT). You might also find that the BCM (Body Control Module) in yours doesn't have the function for power windows. I don't know if you can fit a BCM from an STX (but that would give you the ability to add puddle lights in the external mirrors too, if it could be done).

So just to expand on this, I have a spain built '09 RX D40 that has power windows but no power mirrors. So the mirror loom should be there in the doors right? I have found what I believe to be the plug for the switch behind the panel with the headlight leveling control in it (right side lower dash).

I'd guess it would be there, since the factory in Spain seems to put the looms in even if they're not hooking things up. The RX door should be the same as the STX door, it's just the mirror (on the door) that'd be different.

Latest posts

Back