power loss after new tyres added

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greynavara

Reaction score
I have put new tyres on my navara D22 3 ltr TD and have noticed that the power has decreases what can be done to over come this issue.
any sugestions and help would be great :deadhorse2:

Chip and exhaust, have you heard any report about the head worping or other issues when a chip has been instaled.

Goodyear wrangler duratrack 265 75 16

265/75R16s are larger than standard by at least 5%. That's the problem. The ratio from the crankshaft to the road has now changed so your engine has to work harder to make the vehicle move. Your fuel consumption will rise as well, even moreso in traffic and up hills.

While your speedo might appear to be reading more correctly now, your odometer will now be out by 5%.

Going from 265/70 too 265/75 isn't that much of a change, u shouldn't even notice it. I went from 255/70 too 285/75 and have had some power loss but it isn't that bad. Will be getting it all back and more soon.

I didn't notice the change in mine and fuel is hardly noticeable at all (2.5l). Maybe blank your EGR, cheap and easy to do. There are plenty of threads on here with how to instructions.

Cheers Brad

Latest posts

Back