Parking contact

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgermasi

Reaction score
Hi Guys
was thinking to wire a water pump in series with the parking sensor.
Any idea where i can get a contact (dry or 24v) for the gearbox parking position?
Thanks

Yes Tony
I might be a bit paranoid but I'd like to connect the water pump so that it works only when the car is parked.
Do you know if I could do that, if not I might have to use the handbrake switch.
Thanks a lot

+1 on the handbrake. To read the gearbox position you'd probably have to query the CAN.

Okay, now WHICH water pump are we talking about? The wiper washer, radiator or is there another that you've installed for fresh water?

I have a 70 liter water tank in the tub with the tap connected to the kaymar wheel carrier.
I just want to make sure that even if something goes wrong ie. burst hose, broken fitting or any other inconvenience the can cause a leakage past the pump i don't turn up at the campsite, after hours of travelling, to find out that my water tank is empty. Kind of double redundancy on my water pump isolating switch.
I reckon I'll o for the h/b switch, thank you guys always very helpful.
Ciao

I was hopeful, that you were designing a system to spray anybody that walked past your rear parking sensors when you were parked.

It would have been a good one for the next muster. (hey, go have a look at the dammage to my towbar etc) :confused3:

Haha Brad! My first thought was an anti-tailgater device, where if someone triggered the rear parking sensors whilst in motion, it would activate a pump and spray your choice of biological/chemical weapon on the vehicle behind - mustard gas, ebola, VX/tabun/sarin or even light stuff like formic acid, chlorine, hydraulic fluid or any other substance that's good for paintwork.

I'm sorta glad I was wrong.

Latest posts

Back