Offroaders beware!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V9x

Reaction score
I just thought I would post a word of warning to all late model d40 owners . After getting my 2012 d40 stx severely bogged last week , I managed to rip my front d/s brakline off and the abs wheel sensor cable.
I have been going through the process of repairing everything and after joining the abs cable back up it still is stuffed.
I called Nissan to price up a new abs wheel sensor and was quoted $660 !!
The explanation I received as to why it was so expensive was that in the late model navaras they have changed it and you now need to purchase a complete hub assembly. What a joke! Tried to go aftermarket but no luck .

Ended up sourcing one from the wreckers for $66

Not happy Nissan

I just thought I would post a word of warning to all late model d40 owners . After getting my 2012 d40 stx severely bogged last week , I managed to rip my front d/s brakline off and the abs wheel sensor cable.
I have been going through the process of repairing everything and after joining the abs cable back up it still is stuffed.
I called Nissan to price up a new abs wheel sensor and was quoted $660 !!
The explanation I received as to why it was so expensive was that in the late model navaras they have changed it and you now need to purchase a complete hub assembly. What a joke! Tried to go aftermarket but no luck .

Ended up sourcing one from the wreckers for $66

Not happy Nissan

you think thats ripped off.. anything oem is ripped off. i called up mazda to find out how much they sell ipad mount.
$270...

and my old ford.. i called up for new transmission. they want $8700.

Subaru wanted $290 something for a driving light switch.

All genuine parts have to be expensive, it sucks but nothing is going to change it.

buy an entire wheel bearing assembly for like 250$$$ btw ive chopped 5 of those sensors off as mine doesnt have abs.....

Latest posts

Back