Not sure what this is

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OzAssAssin

Reaction score
Could someone please tell me what this item is i have circled, it’s located on the passenger side of vehicle bolted to the firewall.

Attachments

• DSC_3062.jpg
    DSC_3062.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 662
Looks like a temperature probe to me with the electrical plug on the back. I don't have a D40, but I assume the ECU must have an ambient air input for it to work out how it wants to run given the outside air temp. Or just for a pretty display on the dash. But being solid like that the temperature reading would not be very instantaneous if it were to change outside rapidly... so perhaps someone else has a better explanation...

Mine is an 08 outlaw Spanish build if that helps. Not sure if somehow related to the electronic paint protection it also has??? Has me stumped

Has anyone got any idea’s what this might be, or the other question would someone own a service manual that might indicate the mystery item identity.

Attachments

• DSC_3063.jpg
    DSC_3063.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 349
ambient temp sensor so the engine ecm knows how hot the ouside temp is prior being cooled by the intercooler and going into the intake manifold. This is what sets the duration times of injection, also helps with cold mode starting and some other stuff aswell.

Latest posts

Back