Nissan patrol spy photos

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If jeep the original 4wd is ifs then.....WERE ALL DOOMED, engineers and fabricator workshops will be making a killing in a few years once everything is all ifs with people doing solid axle conversions.

New Nissan Patrol bigger, more luxurious

The new Nissan Patrol abandons live axles for all independent suspension, part-time mechanical 4WD for Nissan’s full-time electronically controlled All-Mode 4x4 system and currently has no manual gearbox option.

No doubt it won’t be cheap either, just like its only logical rival the Toyota LandCruiser 200 Series.

Compared to GU, the new Patrol grows 90mm in length to 5140mm, is 55mm wider and 85mm taller. It is also weighs in at nearly 270kg heavier at 2780kg.

The new Patrol also substantially outsizes and outweighs the LandCruiser 200 Series.

Only a 5.6-litre V8 Patrol with a seven-speed automatic gearbox was shown in Abu Dhabi. A diesel – and probably a manual gearbox - will be added before Australian on-sale, with a 3.0-litre Renault-sourced V6 the current engine favoured to slip under the bonnet.

im a fan of current model too, would have loved a dual cab but conversion plus new wagon price too dear!
happy as with d40

I am not 100% sold on it but I dont reckon it will look too bad once all the tape and rubbish is pulled off. Th C pillar angle is pretty similar to the current car. I reckon it will look a bit more agressive once all the crap is removed but certainly not like the current workhorse.

No judgement from me until I see it in the flesh.

I reakon the flex will be better then the current GU, I hardly think they would have made it softer then the current Patrol.

The new engines will pump out way more torque then the TB48DE and ZD30DDTI CRD, so the diffs will be big aswell.

Dave.

OK, all your fears confirmed by the looks of it. IFS and IRS according to this article although Nissan seem to be claining increased travel. Apart from the cutline at the rear of the rear side windows I actually do not mind the look of it even if it is nothing like as agressive looking as the current car.

New 2010 Nissan Patrol unveiled in Abu Dhabi|Mibz.com

I guess they have to move it upmarket if they want to compete with the cruiser. I wonder if there will be a bare bones version (This is Emirates spec obviously) with live axles for us to play with. Doubt it.

The IFS and IRS would not be an issue for users like me as it would mainly be a tow car but you have to worry that a move to more like cruiser specifications and cruiser size and cruiser looks will come with a move to more like cruiser price.

I reakon the flex will be better then the current GU, I hardly think they would have made it softer then the current Patrol.

The new engines will pump out way more torque then the TB48DE and ZD30DDTI CRD, so the diffs will be big aswell.

Dave.

Nah no way. No need for big diffs when theres no shock loading. They wont be designed for our sorta hardcore offroad use anymore, still be fine in the arab sand tho im sure. Be lucky if the diffs are the size they are now. Then theres the cvs...

Hard to see them fitting anything smaller than an R230 diff at the rear and maybe R200 front diff. opefully they stay with the Fuji R series and hopefully they do not end up down specced. I know that the D40/R51 have developed a habit of breaking front diffs but I reckon that more than anything else is related to the "Crash through or crash" driving style that the lack of a proper LSD forces people to adopt in tricky going. Landing a spinning wheel on a rock when you are doing around 2000 rpm with heaps of throttle on to keep the ABLS active just sounds like breakages in the making to me.

wouldnt suprise me if that was the combo or something along those lines. Probably use the Titan front diff...cant remember what that is tho

All new Nissan Patrol 4x4 revealed: Prices, Parts, Accessories, Photos, Specifications

Things I don't like about the new Patrol:

- 4 wheel independent suspension, prefer dual solid axle as it currently is
- Looks too much like a Toorak Tractor like the 200 series Cruiser, I always liked how the Patrols remained a true 4WD, in looks and spec.
- I don't like the new 4WD system - basically a dummies guide to 4X4's
- I HATE, repeat HATE all of the electronic intervention on cars these days, the patrols until now remained relatively free of these, seems that will not be the case anymore.
- They don't mention too much about the engine line-up other than a 5.6L V8 petrol, 7 speed auto. Sounds like a beautiful engine for highway cruising, but find it quite ridiculous that in this day in age of environmental awareness that they are putting such an engine in it. Surely a twin turbo diesel V6/V8 would have been a better option. I just hope they haven't scrapped the diesel altogether.

In short, not a fan really, I think it's a shame they have gone to the SUV market and away from the genuine, relatively affordable off-road 4X4 market. I'm sure they will be a decent off roader, but the essence of the vehicle seems to have disappeared.

they wouldnt release it here without a diesel option.
Rumours on some forums is the GU Ute will continue on and become the "70 series" of the patrols.

wouldnt suprise me if that was the combo or something along those lines. Probably use the Titan front diff...cant remember what that is tho

If it is built in Japan I reakon they will use the R233, the rear diff out of the VG30DETT powered Z32 300ZX. Cut the gears differently and head that way, its been around for a long time and has stood the test of time.

Dave.

Back