Nissan Paint Quality

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hay mate i brought a 2010 d22 st-r in october and i am about to step into the same battle you are i washed the tray out of my ute at the car wash and found that it was washing the paint off the body i have now got like 6 spots in the tray of my ute that are back to bare metal. i have rang them about the problem and the service department said "oh its more than likely the kind of loads i am carrying" i laughted and told him i had not put anything in there except water. so i gotta take it in and show these clowns what the problem is and they want to take photos so they can send them away to nissan australia. like thats going to help respray my car this time with primer. ill keep everyone informed on the out come i hope these mugs have to replace your hole car mate they are really worse than the crooks on the street. and my car colour is cosmic black

Last edited:
Have just started the ball rolling with nissan in regard to my paint isse.paint has peeled right along the top of the wind screen and along both roof channels,took it to nissan who have taken photos and will get reply in 1 week. Judgeing by this forum my chances are slim as warraty ran out 10 months ago(it is all up to good will on behalf of nissan) and alredy have had some silly questions asked eg: have you had the roof painted? My reply was are you kidding its not even a 4 yo car!!! I do hope this will not draw out into something big,it is obviously a manufature fault as im not the only one so ive read. Has anyone else had experiance with this issue

My brothers Ford XR6 ute was starting to look like a dairy cow, paint peeling off everywhere. It had no wurranty left, but Ford still covered a full respray of the car. It was a problem with the blue colour ford users. Atleast they acknowledge their stuff up and still covered it.

Pretty shit house still, cars are improving in technology all the time, however they still cant get the basics right. Bit concerning.

Oh yeah, Ford only took about 2 weeks from memory to start the respray, not waiting around for months on end fighting with them.

Last edited:
Just because an item is out of the Warranty period it doesnt mean the manufacturer is out of their responsibility. If you can prove that the item is not "fit for purpose" and has broken down sooner than it should have then you have a case for the manufacturer to answer to

mate im a panel beater and iv seen worse on more exspensive cars.thats pretty much run of the mill factory finish these days.

i have just had my d22 tray resprayed under warranty
i did have to apply a little bit of pressure to nissan australia,one phone call to remind them of there obligations was all it took,my local dealer was great,panel shop done a great job
on another note a mate recently purchased a new d 40 only to find a month after owning it the roof started to deteriate where there was a repair using body filler,it is now very noticable
he is currently demanding a replacment car
no new car should have ecessive filler in it

if it was in perth i'd say it was a dodgy repair to cover up hail damage from the crazy storm last year, i'd be demanding a new car too and going over it with a magnet, just to be sure!
pay 40k+ for a car you should get what you bloody pay for!

Any vehicle with bog in the middle of the roof is not of a new car standard.The office of fair trading would eat the dealership for breakfast over this one. Legally the vehicle was not of a new vehicle standard at sale and was therefore misrepresented as a new car when you bought it .There is no telling what other damage has been repaired so request to have the vehicle fully inspected and if any damage is found have it replaced at cost to the dealership.

Latest posts

Back