Nissan Navara NP300 the saviour for die hard Nissan fans

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mm mm yeah I loved the idea of a v8 dual cab cruiser too. But when I got to the dealers and saw the price tag, I think it started at around 70k without ANY options.
By any I mean not even air con.
I don't know if you can even get Bluetooth etc.
The np300 for 50k and 1% finance just made way more sense.
I've had it a couple of months now and love it.
You do get bluetooth now but the price!!!
And comfort level. They are just a work vehicle. not a crossover to family vehicle on weekends.
And everything is an option including aircon.

nissan navara was the third best selling ute in australia in the month of november behind the hilux and the ranger. after the disaster of the d40 will the np300 be the car to regain the once loyal nissan diehard fans??

think the legendary navara d22 and the patrol gu and gq.... any thoughts?

NP300 would do really well to sell in numbers D40 used to sell . Especially considering how long D40 stayed in production.
Competition is really strong nowadays and NP300 is not offering the point of difference needed to outsell Ranger/BT50 , Hilux or even Triton .

NP300 would do really well to sell in numbers D40 used to sell . Especially considering how long D40 stayed in production.
Competition is really strong nowadays and NP300 is not offering the point of difference needed to outsell Ranger/BT50 , Hilux or even Triton .

Yep you are 100% right!

i noticed a lot of nissan fan boys exist, just like there are alot of toyota fanboys. alot of them say "ive done 200,000kms in my ute and have not had a problem. They have obvioulsy never changed over brands. I have gone from a hilux to a nissan navara and i can see the difference being in both boats. personally 200,00kms is not really that much. i traded in my hilux and it had 550,000kms. the only issue was a new alternator which was $600 to fix. apart from that i could have kept it and was confident i could do 1,000,000 kms. before that i had a toyota starlet and that had 300,000kms and it did have some safety issues by then. i dont know how this np300 will go for longevity. there are a few fundamentals thats wrong. now before the fan boys rip into me, just remember we are all nissan customers. if something goes wrong we go to nissan. the people you deal with are not your friends.

ROFL considering the D23 has got the same ground chassis clearance to the ground as the D40 (and largely shares the same general chassis and front suspension setup) I hardly think it would be head over heals better than the D40. It may have slightly more capability offroad given the factory locker and slightly shorter wheel base which improves ramp over however the D40 is considerably underrated offroad and you can fit larger tyres to the D40. My D40 has been everywhere my mates lux's have been without any dramas. Also, the rear coils is a bit gimmicky for a 4x4 ute imo and wouldn't be a deciding factor for me to buy one.

So much hate for the D40 out there but the reality is somewhat different to what people understand. Check out 4wd action "Coffs the Hard Way" and tell me the D40 isn't capable. It only had 2" lift and 32s and easily kept up with a hugely lifted GU and 60 series cruiser, both with 4" lift and 35's.

Latest posts

Back