nissan flat spot

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munrosnavara

Reaction score
hey guys im new here. I have not had much of a look around the site so I don't know if there is a solution to this problem I have I have a 2012 d40 navara it has only click over to 30000k and im just starting to notice a flat spot when I am accelerating when its cold I want to know if there is something I can do to fix or do I have to take to Nissan. and also im wondering that beause I am a mechanic and I have been doing the services my self does that void warranty.

if anyone can help me out would be really appreciated thanks

Welcome to the forum.

They can't void the warranty if the servicing has been carried out as per the schedule, even if it's done by someone unqualified (as long as it is done correctly).

The D40 does have some turbo lag. You can reduce lag in several ways:

* EGR block. Minor improvement but cheap to do.

* Chip it. Some chips - and most notably the ChipIt and Unichip ones - do more than just overfuel the engine and can dramatically change the feel. Cost is about $1700 and up, if memory serves. Check this thread for info on all sorts of available chips.

* Exhaust. Minor improvement really, for the coin.

* Replace turbo hoses with hard pipes. You still need some flexibility so silicone performance hoses are best there, but ballooning will cause lag. The 4-cyls didn't do it a lot, the V6 diesels had more trouble with it.

Is this your first diesel?

hey tony

thanks for your help I think I might take to Nissan and see what they can do for me I think
but when you say block ur egr how do you do that. im thinking that it might be blocking up with to much carbon and it restricting flow maybe???? not sure I havent started pulling my engine apart yet. it has only got a flat spot when its cold and it will only do it once then it goes like a trooper lol. I just don't want it to turn into a bigger problem

Back