Nissan Connect Premium

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigus

Reaction score
Hi,
I've just bought a petrol, manual 2010 ST-X and have found a wealth of info on this site so thanks already.

One question I haven't found anywhere though is...
Is it possible to fit the Nissan Connect Premium stereo to the navara? It's the touch screen with GPS, reverse camera etc. It's available on the pathfinder and other models. I believe it's also available on Navara's/Frontier's OS?

Cheers!

Craigus

Welcome to the forums Craigus and nice choice of ute.

My guess would be that if it's available in the Pathy it's available for the Nav since they come out of the same factory and are so similar down to the B pillar. Someone recently suggested that the 09 and 10 have different plugs behind the stereo but I'd imagine the 10 Pathy would have similar wiring as the 10 Nav.

Cheers Krafty, that was my thinking too. I'm surprised no one has tried it as it provides all the aftermarket goodies without losing any of the factory goodies like built in bluetooth etc.

Most people seem to go for aftermarket nav units, although I haven't heard that too many '10 owners have changed their head units so maybe the stock one is good enough for some. I myself would rather an aftermarket one (just haven't decided which yet) and I'd argue the bluetooth issue if the time came, generally I ignore my phone if I'm driving so bluetooth would be the least of my concerns making quality and usefulness a much higher priority and I don't believe the Nissan one (atleast the one for the 09) provided that.

My apologies, the nissan connect premium is actually different and won't fit in the navara. It's the one in the x-trail Ti/TL that i want to fit.

Oh ok well I don't know about the X-Trail but there is a number of people here with X-Trails that might be able to help you later.

Hope you can find something without taking out a second mortgage Nissan genuine (or re-badged) stuff is usually pretty expensive. Maybe you can save yourself a few bucks by finding out who makes the Nissan unit and seeing if the have any compatible models.

its a huge amount of money for what it is, so I don't know why you would want to bother.

I am in the process of fitting an ebay special to my MY10 ST-X and will put up a full review once it's in and working - at this stage I am waiting on a new set of cables from the vendor. These units do everything (and more) than the nissan units, at about $700 shipped.

Does the factory bluetooth integrate with the non factory unit or do they come with their own bluetooth?

Not that I care but it seems bluetooth is something many people ask about these days.

cheers mate, fully aware the cost will be purely stupid but was just trying to get as close as a plug n play solution as i could get. Went through the hassle in the last car of interface units for steering wheel controls, custom made wiring harness, handsfree etc and it's just a hassle i wanted to avoid if at all possible.

By Factory Bluetooth I assume you mean the microphone mounted in the roof. At this stage I don't believe it integrates as standard, but without the loom I am waiting on I can't be sure. The Factory bluetooth is built into the headunit and will go away when it is replaced with the new unit.

the Unit I bought is fully plug and play (at least, it will be once I finish working with the guy on bundling it with all the right cables) the steering wheel controls will work with no need to cut cables etc.

incidently, the locally sold Nav replacement head unit for SatNav is made by Eclipse, costs about $3.5k and.... doesn't work with teh steering wheel controls or the bluetooth microphone :sarcastic:

Most people seem to go for aftermarket nav units, although I haven't heard that too many '10 owners have changed their head units so maybe the stock one is good enough for some. I myself would rather an aftermarket one (just haven't decided which yet) and I'd argue the bluetooth issue if the time came, generally I ignore my phone if I'm driving so bluetooth would be the least of my concerns making quality and usefulness a much higher priority and I don't believe the Nissan one (atleast the one for the 09) provided that.

I'm with you..

Has anybody tried one of these units?
They don't look too bad, and the ad says it ships with the original harnesses.

Ebay Link.
GPS DVD MP3 Nissan X-TRAIL PATHFINDER PATROL NAVARA (eBay item 180585619894 end time 20-Nov-10 21:00:20 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Original Product link.
In Dash GPS Navigator DVD MP4 player Bluetooth for Nissan Pathfinder X-Trail Tilda

Hi there Vornar, i was just wondering if you had bought one of these units and fitted it into your vehicle. If so would it be possible to post a piccy of it installed as i wold also be interested in one of these.

Cheers, Worm..

Latest posts

Back