Newnes NSW

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revkev91

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering if anyone has been offroad at Newnes in NSW recently. Im thinking of going there sometime this weekend. Can anyone recommend places to go while im there. Would I be able to do it with a D40 with a 40mm lift (I do not have bash plates yet). Is the track there difficult, I have never been there and I don't have much offroad experience.

hi mate, there is no one track to tell you to go down as there are tracks everywhere, when you see one just turn down it and give it a go. i have been down there in my 2012 nav with no lift or bash plates, there are actually plenty of tracks that will have 2 options for you to pick from... one is generally more rutted or challenging the other easier just pick what you feel comfortable with.
just be midfull of the puddles... some of them are very rutted and ALOT deeper than they look.

hi mate, there is no one track to tell you to go down as there are tracks everywhere, when you see one just turn down it and give it a go. i have been down there in my 2012 nav with no lift or bash plates, there are actually plenty of tracks that will have 2 options for you to pick from... one is generally more rutted or challenging the other easier just pick what you feel comfortable with.
just be midfull of the puddles... some of them are very rutted and ALOT deeper than they look.

This

I towed my camper trailer through here, went down black fellows hand road, camped on the other side of the river etc.

You should be fine and it's a good place for a learner.

The drive to the glow worm tunnels can be done in a regular family car, so you have from that to some extremely challenging tracks and plenty of tracks suitable for a stocker. A couple of years ago I drove my Jeep Grand Cherokee through the area and as I was almost through the Black fellows hand trail and came across a couple of blokes in a Datsun 1600, it was set up as a rally car and was coping reasonably well. Try to find the trail to the Lost City, it starts not far from the Bungleboori (I think that's the name) camp area, it's a nice track to cope with and the rock formations (Lost City) to look at are great after a short walk at the end of the trail.

I have done the drive to the glow worm tunnel but looking for something abit tougher. I have heard good things about black fellows hand road but not sure whats there to see and where can I go from there (only doing a day trip)

Yeah definitely check the depth of puddles before you go in them as tyson25 and myself could tell u, not much fun cleaning up!

I have done the drive to the glow worm tunnel but looking for something abit tougher. I have heard good things about black fellows hand road but not sure whats there to see and where can I go from there (only doing a day trip)

The Black Fellows Hand trail (if heading away from Lithgow, northish) ends at Wolgan Rd, if you turn right and then look for a trail on the left within a few K's it's called the Baal Bone Gap trail, it goes to Ben Bullen and brings you out near the Mudgee - Lithgow Rd. The track climbs up hill fairly quickly and follows the ridge line with some great views into the Wolgan Valley, it's a decent 4x4 drive that may become impassable in a couple of spots after heavy rain and there are some excellent lunch stop clearings along the way.
Did this day trip a couple of years ago with my family and my mate and his family, I had a Toyota 4runner with 2" lift and my mates Patrol was stock, we got through fairly easily with some thought and really enjoyed the track.

Latest posts

Back