newie from portland

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gomer

Reaction score
Hi all I have just ordered my new 2011 built stx dual cab,I have to wait untill April to receive it as it is probley not on the water yet.

It will be my second Navara,my last being about a 2000 cab chassy 4x4 I sold about three yrs ago.Boy have things changed since then.I believe I have done a bit of homework before ordering my new stx.In the end it was a toss up between the top of the range glrx ? triton and the stx.But since i wanted it for towing I went for the stx for the exta $4000 it cost me.I am hopping the stx will be way overkill for my 2010 16 ft expanda outback ???? weighing in a little under two ton fully loaded.

I am getting a smooth arb conapy, hayman reece towbar.Aswell as bonet and headlight protectors,darkest legal tint.12 volt point in tub.Also rhino racks for the roof for carting around kayaks etc.

Question time.
I have been told to fit another leaf for my caravan is the factory ones fitted not enough for my van?

I have not ordered a tub liner as it has a canopy any thought?

I am thinking of getting a redarc electric brake system.Is this sufficient for my van ?

These are my main concerns may have a few questions later, Thanks in advance for any answers.

P.S I cant wait for the new stx.

Gomer

Welcome to the forums Gomer.

For $120 I brought a rubber tub liner (cut to size) which covers the floor, makes it a flatter surface and stops the majority of things sliding around when there is little load in the back. I never brought the rubber to protect the tub because it's a ute and at the end of the day if it gets scratched it's not a huge issue and it's not like it will ever change the resale value just because there is a few scratches in it.

I think the Nav will handle your van fine as it is but others may suggest extra springs etc. I don't tow often with mine but when I do the trailer unladen is 1.6t and with a few cows in it it easily goes over 2 and has been up to 3.6 and the Nav handles it fine providing you treat it properly.

Latest posts

Back