New Navara owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scraps

Reaction score
just purchased the new 2010 ST-R 2.5
as a 19 year old im fairly happy with this purchase.
was wrapt to see that the new model comes with dual batteries as i have 2 mates who have navaras including the 09 RX, 09 STX and 08ST-R and they dont have dual batteries standard.
just curious as too whether this is the same on all new models or not?

Welcome to the Forums.

Apart from the fact I wouldn't let Nissan install dual batteries even if they were optioned, standard or factory fitted I don't think the D40 has ever had dual batteries from the dealer in this country but I could be wrong.

Welcome to the forum.

I tell you, if they were meant to be a standard feature then I have been ripped off and will be heading to Nissan tomorrow.....mine only has the one!

welcome Scraps, i think the dual battery on the Nav is 2 starting batteries not 1 starting and 1 for accessories, AKA; deep cycle. from what i know it is to give you more CCA (cold cranking Amps) when it is cold (as in snowing). So not the traditional dual batteries. nice purchase anyway, i'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

looking to buy a Navara

I'm hunting around to buy a 4x4 and the Nissan Navaras take my fancy the most. I really want a diesel, low k's, canopy, bull bars ets and around 2004 or later. I looked at a diesel 2003, 140 000 k's, bull bar , pretty neat a hard top tonneau cover, they wanted 25000 and then I looked at a 2005 petrol 3.3 litre, with canopy, bull bar, uhf radio, new tyres, st-r d22 s2, 117000 k's, roof racks. They wanted 24000. I know I really wanted diesel but I test drove the car. There was / seemed to be a bit of road noise coming up from the gearstick penetration into the body, the boot/cover was loose and also, under that there seemed to be none of that carpet underlay that I think is there to muffle the sound. It sounded really tinny, and I told the dealer and we both went for a drive and he agreed but we put it down to the fact that there wasn't any of the carpet underlay covering under the rubber boot thing. Should there be a layer of that stuff there. I really liked all the stuff that the car had, Is that too much to pay for a 2005 vehicle like that, at that amount of k's. It seems like it was looked after coz under it is spotless and also in the engine bay. Do they have two batteries coz this one did? Why? Yeah I reckon I'll probably end up getting a Navara. I gotta drive it up to Darwin pretty much straight away.

I'm hunting around to buy a 4x4 and the Nissan Navaras take my fancy the most. I really want a diesel, low k's, canopy, bull bars ets and around 2004 or later. I looked at a diesel 2003, 140 000 k's, bull bar , pretty neat a hard top tonneau cover, they wanted 25000 and then I looked at a 2005 petrol 3.3 litre, with canopy, bull bar, uhf radio, new tyres, st-r d22 s2, 117000 k's, roof racks. They wanted 24000. I know I really wanted diesel but I test drove the car. There was / seemed to be a bit of road noise coming up from the gearstick penetration into the body, the boot/cover was loose and also, under that there seemed to be none of that carpet underlay that I think is there to muffle the sound. It sounded really tinny, and I told the dealer and we both went for a drive and he agreed but we put it down to the fact that there wasn't any of the carpet underlay covering under the rubber boot thing. Should there be a layer of that stuff there. I really liked all the stuff that the car had, Is that too much to pay for a 2005 vehicle like that, at that amount of k's. It seems like it was looked after coz under it is spotless and also in the engine bay. Do they have two batteries coz this one did? Why? Yeah I reckon I'll probably end up getting a Navara. I gotta drive it up to Darwin pretty much straight away.
whats a good price for a 2005 navara?

Gypsymike. the 2003 ute you just described could have been mine. I bought it in august last year with 132,000 kms on it and paid $20,000. I think $25,000 is too dear for that.

Gypsymike. the 2003 ute you just described could have been mine. I bought it in august last year with 132,000 kms on it and paid $20,000. I think $25,000 is too dear for that.

Nah, I ended up getting a diesel, 2005, one owner 141000 km, factory canopy, bull bar, driving lights, immaculate condition in and out, pretty much near to no off road driving, just a guy that took it from Mill Park to Port Melbourne for work and for his job visiting clients as an IT expert. It's got some shockers that you use a remote to pump up and down to soft and hard as required ( I forget the name) Bluetooth and all that stuff Its an ST -R. It's been really well looked after . I'm getting it in a few days time and then I'll be off to Darwin from Melbourne at the end of the month. There's heaps like it around and heaps more with less K's than I bought one for. I paid 23 500, 11 months rego. I'm glad I didn't buy the petrol one.

does anyone know if the Nissan Navara 2005 str d22 has a dial or something to adjust the dash instrument lights. I have just bought one and I was wondering if there is any way of brightening/dimming the dash instuments. Also i was wondering if the handbrake adjustment is something that I could do myself. I have always fixed things myself on the older vehicles but this is by far the best vehicle i have ever had and I don't want to stuff anything up. Actually, Its still got the extended warranty on it until 31 may. I just bought the vehicle the other day. It should be ok for some Nissan workshop to adjust the Handbrake shouldn't it. I'm in the northern suburbs of Melbourne. I'd be glad if anyone has any advice. I reckon its a great vehicle and I'm really looking forward to driving it up to Darwin in a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back