Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chappy

Reaction score
Hi all, I have bought a D22 Navara a couple of months ago, It's been a great tow vehicle for my 2.5 Ton caravan. This is the first diesel I have owned. The power seems pretty good but I'll ask you guys who would be more experienced about increasing the power without any real engine work. I'm thinking moreso about exhaust modification. What is the best exhaust modifications worth doing? I've heard a 3" exhaust will help but would new headers or extractors be viable [if they can even be installed on a diesel]? I'd appreciate your Ideas as I am a diesel virgin!?

I second this request, I too am a diesel virgin, with a new (2010) ST-R. I'd love to know what I could do to improve performance without touching the engine itself.

A performance chip is an easy improvement, anything apart from this?

Mmmmm, from everything I've read chip and exhaust, although more seem to say exhaust much more improvement than chip?

But then, what would I know, I'm one of those oddball V6 D22 owners, :big_smile:

Hoo Roo.

Dont bother with a new manifold. Full exhaust from the turbo back and then a chip.

Dave.

It's a ute don't do things by half go the big block chev and mount it in the tub, separate power for the rear wheel and in hadricus' case it means he doesn't have to touch the engine.

A guy I once knew did do this in a HQ (or there abouts) about 10 years ago, interesting concept but plays merry hell with the fuel consumption.

It's a ute don't do things by half go the big block chev and mount it in the tub

:afraid: People have done this?!

I think I'll stick to Exhaust/Chip. Extractors don't really make sense when talking about a diesel engine, or so I have read.

What's all this about the egr/butterfly mod, btw? Obviously a bit too close to the engine for my liking, but I'd like to know what this accomplishes and if it's possible on the YD25 engine?

It's a ute don't do things by half go the big block chev and mount it in the tub, separate power for the rear wheel and in hadricus' case it means he doesn't have to touch the engine.

Wow, :idea:
thats even better, drop in BB 502ci and it could double as a open header, rear mount ski boat,
that could tow the whole womens (in bikini's) slalom team.
Could call it the 'NAVARASKI' 502 Magnum Edition.

Although it was done to a Hilux Top Gear did try the outboard on the back of a 4wd and it's wasn't that successful. The guy I knew with his Holden was hugely successful, 308 in the front and 454 in the back was in one of the car mags at the time. Not sure what happened in the end but after he got it working his goal was to change it so the front engine powered the front wheels and the rear the rear wheels. Haven't heard or seen anything about it for about 10 years now though.

Didn't see the D21, but vehicle choice aside I still reckon the biggest problem with the Hilux was the dickhead driving it, but then he's most of the problem with that whole show.

Latest posts

Back