New injectors installed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodgemeister

Reaction score
Looking back, I have had problems with my YD25 (2007 auto, 60,000klm, owned since 2008) for a couple of years. When it was cold, it would vibrate a bit rougher at idle, especially in drive or reverse. It progressively got worse & I first thought it was the transmission, so serviced that at the 40,000 service, since I was doing everything else. No improvement, so went through MAF sensor, air filter, etc but no improvement. Ended up getting it diagnosed at the dealers as needing new injectors, & was quoted approx $3500. I got another opinion from a respected workshop & they concurred. The dealer said they asked for goodwill from Nissan but got knocked back. I then sent a letter to Nissan customer service myself and they agreed to pay half the cost of parts, as long as the dealer did the job. Final cost to me was $2400. I got the car back last week & am happy to report the engine is much better. Throttle response has improved & it's much smoother at all revs, including idle. I can't remember it running this smooth since I've owned it. Still too early to check consumption properly but I feel it's better (Not very scientific, I know) on the 150 klm done so far. I never saw any smoke from the exhaust, so never thought the injectors could be that faulty. Goes to show that sometimes the dealers do get it right.
Regards - Roger

Thats good news, and really good that Nissan helped with the cost on a car that was out of warranty.

My cousin just had to do his Hilux, injectors plus rail $6700, from an independent mechanic. It was even dearer from Toyota and they would not do anything to help him what so ever.

This is the second story i have herd where Nissan have helped out where the car was out warranty, SO maybe they have changed there tune a little.... well lets hope anyway.

Latest posts

Back