New car servicing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevespatrol

Reaction score
About to purchase a new D22 2.5.
I was told if i continued to get the car serviced with nissan that they would extend the warranty to 6 years and 175,000km.
What i want to know is how do you guys get your cars serviced??
and what sorta costs are involved??

Last edited:
i get mine serviced at nissan because it only across the road from work. but if you go somewhere ese it can be cheaper. If your going to keep the car for longer tan 6 years or 175000km go to nissan because if something does go wrong(not that is should because it is a nissan) they cant switch the blame. which they do try to do sometimes

it may not be a nissan warranty but rather 3rd party warranty that you would normally pay for. i would checking the fine print, you may find that whatever breaks is not covered under warranty.

For me any risk (which I think is minimal) is far out weighed by the price I pay for servicing which is parts only. But then my local dealer is a tosser who replaces the whole steering wheel because the plastic inserts have paint peeling so it's not suprising I trust a guy who's been playing with diesel engines for about 30 years over someone like that.

Any manufacturer will try hard to get out of an expensive warranty claim whether you have a 1 year warranty or a 20 year warranty, some might say that it's less risk to have the dealer service it because they also handle the warranties but there is plenty of people out there who've had log book servicing by the manufacturer and still been screwed to the wall by the bean counters at head office.

Ask any reputable mechanic for a cost to do your servicing then weigh that up against Nissan and go with what you feel comfortable with.

Latest posts

Back