Need help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-JOSH-

Reaction score
I feel like a muppet and I have just put some petrol in my 2.5l d22. I have only put in 2.6litres into a pretty much empty tank.

What should I do?

Drain it and fill completely with diesel. i know people who.have just topped.it right up and kept driveing. Blown heaps.of smoke but they.claim nothing.bad. i cant see how it could be anygood for it but.

mate if you cant syphon it i wouldnt be that worried, its only 2lt.
If you fill the tank to the top you wont have problem.
I have been in a car where the owner put a good 15lt in and we didnt notice any real difference, but that was not a common rail motor.

Like i said if you cant get it out easy just fill it to the brim, and when you get to a quarter top it up again.

I was thinking of doing this but when I rang Nissan they said it has to be drained and then went on to tell me a tow was going to be $165 to travel 200m up the road.

You'll be right mate. Fill it up full with diesel. It'll be fine.

Well another dumb thing but I actually did put diesel in.

I dont normally fill up at caltex and they have vortex diesel and unleaded, so I freaked when I saw vortex on the pump I was using and hung it up and went to cry in the corner. Long story short walked over after a short while, read the pump I was using saw diesel and filled it up. Hahahahaha absolute complete genuine muppet I am.

This is what happens when you go out on a school night and don't get home till 1

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back