Maximum Boost

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aus_Karlos

Reaction score
Hey guys just got a question. Im going to fit a manual boost controller + a boost meter.
Just so i have a reference what is the standard boost level on the D22 2.5lt YD25 2008 models and then what would be a safe maximum.
The controller im fitting can be routed into the cab so you can change the boost on the fly.. IE if im highway driving i can set it to standard, then when i go off road i can crank it up.
Im also having the 4x4 dyno tested on Tuesday to find its peek so i can best set the boost, but i'd still like to know how high it can be set.

Ive owned the car from new and its only done 56k (I have a work van) so the engine is still quite new for its age.
I currently have the following engine mods -
3” Mandrel Bent TaipanXP Vortex Exhaust
DPchip
EGR Blank
Oil Catch can

Last edited:
Mine is set at 25 PSI with a Chip It chip and this was all tuned by the guys at Chip It in Balcatta. They said this is the maximum safe pressure to run without having to do other mods. The D22's run 15 PSI standard and the D40 (same engine) apparently runs about 22 PSI.

Last edited:
I should also add, there is no point winding your boost up if you don't increase your fuel amounts too.....

well he's got a dp chip so that won't be a problem. mine is stock and i have seen it up to 17psi really getting up it. it also depends on the accuracy of the gauge and where you are getting the reading from as to what you will see. i have mine teed off the wastegate line on the turbo, post intercooler either in the piping or the manifold will be a slightly lower pressure though

I have a DPchip installed, pins 6 and 7 increase the fuel mix.. But 25psi that does seem a bit extreme considering stock looks to be about 15psi.
I'll have a chat with the guys running the dyno tomorrow see what they think. However thanks for the info guys

i run a torque app on mine that reads the ecu
my max boost so far has been 24psi
no engine/exhaust mods xcept for egr blank

my d40 yd25 runs 22psi standard with or without a egr blank with a auto meter gauge plumbed into the intercooler line turbo side

I have a DPchip installed, pins 6 and 7 increase the fuel mix.. But 25psi that does seem a bit extreme considering stock looks to be about 15psi.
I'll have a chat with the guys running the dyno tomorrow see what they think. However thanks for the info guys

What do pins 1 to 5 do then ?

Is that just a peak boost or steady state ? and at what temp ?

that was at 3200 rpm in 3rd gear climbing hill with intake air temp reading 14 c and that was peak not steady
normally i see about 16 to 18 psi

What do pins 1 to 5 do then ?

All the pins have a set tune (tweaking the readings from the ECU). But after pin 5, i found from DP that pins 6 and 7 only increase the fuel while still retaining the maximum safe tune.
Its probable to say all piggyback chips do the same.

I can imagine trying to run anymore boost in my zd30. With all the intercooler piping and extra clamps its hard enough as it is to stop boost leaks. Thats
Running 15psi. Ive just managed to seal maybe 95% of the system. Still one intermittent leak at 14-15psi. :rambo:

All the pins have a set tune (tweaking the readings from the ECU). But after pin 5, i found from DP that pins 6 and 7 only increase the fuel while still retaining the maximum safe tune.
Its probable to say all piggyback chips do the same.

The DP interceptor ONLY changes the fuel volume--NOTHING else

it is ONLY plugged into the fuel rail...has no idea what the other operating parameters are .

Why do you say pins 6 and 7 only ?

It was just a question i asked the guys that were fitting the chip / exhaust system. They said there is no added benefits of pushing it past pin 5 unless your going to increase the boost as above pin 5 all other parameters are the same execpt fuel volume.
I personally dont know the inner workings of this chip but its just what the guys at the garage has told me and what ive also gathered off from this forum.

Latest posts

Back