little bubbles is this normal?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StockAppy

Reaction score
today i fitted an aftermarket fuel water seperator from repco, its a ryco type glass bowl,

i installed it pre the factory unit coz i would prefer the after market unit to catch the majority of the water,

the install was easy primed it all up after a million pumps of the primer, the Navara started no problems at all after a couple of stalls and reprimes,

but i noticed whilst it was sitting there idling there was lots of little bubbles rising in the glass bowl of the ryco fuel water seperator, is this normal?

i took it for a quick drive once it had warmed up and it all seemed fine but i just want to make sure.

thankyou in advance.

bubbles is not good.
that means you have air being sucked in. check the hose connections.

the other thing here is that the ZD30 injection pump does not handle extra restriction on the fuel inlet well. its not recommended to add an extra filter. you really need a pusher pump to push fuel through the filters.

hmmm bugger, yeah they are tiny little bubbles like 1mm in size lots of little ones, and it does feel a bit on the less power side sinse they are both running...

a pusher pump? what are they? is it worth getting a larger in tank fuel pump? or an inline pump? is it the same with the diesel like a petrol turbo, if i put a larger inline fuel pump in the extra diesel pumped will just flow back to the petrol tank if not used?

cheers.

Latest posts

Back