Likes to stall on hills

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navdog_d40

Reaction score
Howdy for some reason my d40 likes to stall on hills .. This is annoying when I'm 4x4in .. To me it feels like air or diesel not going wear it should ? It's been back to Nissan and they can't find anything well so they say .

Any one have this problem or had ? Really need some info cheers

up hill or down hill?

there was an issue with the fuel pickup. with 1/4 tank fuel would surge away from the pickup and cause it to stall.

when i go up hills when im 4x4in so a little steeper than normal roads ...

what do i have to change??

How do you start it up again?? Does it just start in the same place it stalled, or do you have to roll back to flat ground? Does it start up like normal or take a bit to kick over??

it dose start after a couple turns off the keys and a bit of foot to the peddle ..

it should of been changed as its only 4 months since i took it over from nissan ...

they service the cars before they sell them well so they say.. lol

Fuel filters in D40's are good for 40K, if they didn't do a 40K (or multiple there of) service it's unlikely the fuel filter would have been changed (especially given the price of the damn things).

The service book has the filter changed on a major service every 40,000kms. If Nissan did a minor service before you took it over, then its more than likely it wasn't changed. How many Kms has your D40 done??

Mines done 130,000 as of today it would of been changed a couple times now I'll get it changed next service see what happens but I don't no if that will be the problem it almost like the diesel runs away from wear it should go if I don't keep my foot down and the revs up it stalls on steepish hills .

Latest posts

Back