LED Spotties??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navbag

Reaction score
Anyone have a pair of the Great Whites LED spotties not the light bars?
Just curious as I like the look of having the two spotties instead of two spotties and a light bar or just a light bar.
Do they good alright? or would I be better off getting HID spotties?
Seeing as in the book LED spotties go for 600m and HID's 1000m

As spot lights , led lights make good flood lights , you will better off with good HID's you simply cant get the reflection for distance with current leds , good 50-70 watt hids like power vision or light force will offer penetrating beams of up to almost 2 k's

Navbag,

I haven't bought them, but did borrow a pair to trial. The 18 LED Great White spot lights lit up an area of about 100m like daylight with around 15-20m spread. The next 50m or so the light was about 1/2 as bright., and I can't comment beyond that as I was just checking them in the back yard. Personally, they shit all over HID lights, but I'm slightly colour blind Blue/Green and HID's seem to throw a Blue light in comparison.

Cheers.

LED Technology has come a long way in the past few years.When you consider what we used to think was just for indicator lights on the front of our stereo is now used to flood light building sites and general flood lighting.
The newer 10w leds are actually very bright and with the right lenses will throw light a long way.
As TigerST says who needs to see way off into the distance anyway.
Led lighting is great for general lighting in the front of a vehicle especially at slower speeds when normal heavy current lighting would tax the generator and battery with the engine at lower revs.LED is also a much purer colour as well. White is pure white where as HID is more a colour range appearing to be whitish. Quartz and the older incandescent type globes lean heavily towards the yellow range.
This pic is pretty self explanatary

7roundcomparison.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that's what i was thinking TigerST don't really need to see that far I've had the lightforce xgt's on my pootrol which were good but not a big fan on how they need to warm up. But then again its all going to come down to cost/ value for money.
And I was really impressed when I first saw a lightbar in use, so once the bank account recovers from the sahara bar and uhf I'll be looking into it a bit more.

Thanks for the replies guys, has helped heaps.

LED Technology has come a long way in the past few years.When you consider what we used to think was just for indicator lights on the front of our stereo is now used to flood light building sites and general flood lighting.
The newer 10w leds are actually very bright and with the right lenses will throw light a long way.
As TigerST says who needs to see way off into the distance anyway.
Led lighting is great for general lighting in the front of a vehicle especially at slower speeds when normal heavy current lighting would tax the generator and battery with the engine at lower revs.LED is also a much purer colour as well. White is pure white where as HID is more a colour range appearing to be whitish. Quartz and the older incandescent type globes lean heavily towards the yellow range.
This pic is pretty self explanatary

7roundcomparison.jpg

Awersome photo. Still be interesting to see if led head lights pass legislation

Latest posts

Back