jumping out of 2nd

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.weapon

Reaction score
hi guys,

got a 2011 kingcab thai manual d40, and 3 times now it has jumped out of 2nd on me at high revs, leaving me on the limiter going nowhere lol!! only 9k on the clock, due for a service soon, so will get the guys to look at it, but thought id ask on here...

happening or happened to anyone else?

cheers adam

forgot to add, only happened on sand... havent really done much mud driving, but would tend to be in 4wd in the mud, but cruise in rwd on the sand...

That has never happened to me at all, in any conditions at full noise, i have had mine pulling high numbers on sand dunes, snow, mud, hill climbs you name it.
It has now done over 70k and no probs.

If it was me i would be getting that sorted quick.

i got some gopro footage of it happening ill see if i can cut the relevent section out.

mate is a nissan mechanic at the local dealer, and it happened to him when driving, so when it goes in for its 10k he will work on it, but what can they do??? he just said to me faaaaaaarkkk thats not good lol!!!

i got some gopro footage of it happening ill see if i can cut the relevent section out.

mate is a nissan mechanic at the local dealer, and it happened to him when driving, so when it goes in for its 10k he will work on it, but what can they do??? he just said to me faaaaaaarkkk thats not good lol!!!

Below "Lep" has a perfect example of what they should do.

If my brand new ute did that i would be in their the next day demanding a new box, as i would not want the dramma of 10 visits while they replace one bit at a time trying to fix the prob.

If your mate does work on it, get him to recommend to management to put in a new box.

My POS, jumped out of 5th. Nissan reluctantly replaced the whole gearbox.

Latest posts

Back