Jack rods/spare tyre removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waky53

Reaction score
I have had the navara about 3 months now and recently got 5 new tires.
The spare tire had been sitting inside atop the drawers so decided it was time it went underneath. After finally figuring out how to get at the jack, courtesy of the owner manual, I tried to fit the rods thru the slot in the back to wind down the old spare. After further looking at the manual and shining a torch thru the slot I realised I needed a tee section to engage the lowering mechanism.
Now I have the jack, 2 rods with a square on one end and a square socket the other end plus the handle/nut wrench.
Is there a piece missing(the tee section or do I have the wrong pieces for this model (a 2008 spain built D40)?
I welded a piece of square rod to another piece of rod so it would fit the end of the square socket and make a tee section and have managed to lower the wheel and swap them over, but wondered if I should chase the dealer for the correct part/s.

Yep, sounds like you're missing a piece. I have 3 pieces, one of which has a T-end that fits into the lowering mechanism.

Latest posts

Back