Is my dieselpump braking?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have hadd som problems lately that the cars stops just after i have strated it, it happends several times, but if i open the hood and pump on the handpump beside the fuel filter its starts and is ok. It has also started to nug under akselration. Sorry for my bad english.

start by checking the fuel lines that connect to the filter housing, both inlet and outlet hoses, you don,t want any leakage of either fuel or air . also maybe replace the fuel filter and make sure its done up well with the leaks . your fuel pump sucks fuel from the fuel tank so it does sound like its working ok just maybe a leak will cause this issue.

It sounds like a leak in the fuel lines around the filter, the filter (the annoying seal in the middle is a complete pain in the ass) or the hand pump (we call it a primer bulb). A leak here won't be visible because it's not a pressure line, but it will allow fuel to run back to the tank making starting difficult.

Inspection is the way to find the leak, hoses might be overtight causing the rubber to pinch or fold. If you've recently changed the fuel filter, the o-ring in the middle might not be seated perfectly. The face of the primer bulb can crack and cause leaks too.

Good luck!

Thanks, i did change the fuelfilter last summer. I will buy i a new one and at same time check all the fuel lines.

Latest posts

Back