I have overridden the electric 4x4

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I blew my main fuse the other sunday stuffing around with electrics.
What was I to do???
Worked in melbourne the next day and couldnt get a fuse at 8pm....
I swapped with abs fuse, and drove to melbourne... in LIMP mode.. its manual so turbo not work so good in limp mode...

And no kms on odometer as speedo doesnt work!!

Absolutely - distance is calculated by counting revolutions of the ABS sensors, and speed calculated by distance over time. The ABS fuse is needed - something to be said for carrying a few spares (I should check where mine are - I did have to move 'em recently!).

Crikey, how's a guy to know all this?? Carry spare ABS fuses, can't get 4WD if ABS blows up, drive on the left hand side of the road.....

Yeh but not 40amp only 2 I found were ignition and abs
No ignition no start.
No abs no 4x4 and limp mode on

If I recall correctly, the relevant fuse is hidden in that horrid fuse box up near the passenger side firewall in the engine bay. Pull the fuse, and the 4wd dial functions as normal.

If I recall correctly, the relevant fuse is hidden in that horrid fuse box up near the passenger side firewall in the engine bay. Pull the fuse, and the 4wd dial functions as normal.

Sorry mate, is that the ABS fuse you's talking about???

I'm 99% certain there is AN ABS fuse in that box. I say "an" ABS fuse, because the Navara could possibly have another one somewhere else too.....

But yeah Siringo, am pretty sure. If I remember, I will check tonight. But don't count on it. I'm lazy after work :)

It just sticks in my mind for some reason. One of those really tiny blade fuses. I needed to yank it in order to get the system into 4wd, so I could get out of a hunting spot a few years ago,.

Yer mate its under the firewall box but it will only allow you to select 4HI NOT 4Lo. pretty sure its only a 10amp too, Wheres the 40amp fuse people are talking about....?

The transfer control system is a bit on the ungainly side. There are three fuses, one fusible link and 4 relays, two of the relays have an additional fuse each. Take a look at the wiring diagram on page 23 of TF.PDF and you'll wonder how the bloody thing keeps on working.

perhaps at the end of the r'n'd someone could write up a basic what to do if your abs dies offroad?

Ignition and abs fuse 40amp is located engine bay drivers in between break booster and battery. Black cover cant miss. 40amp furtherst from driver in tgat box is abs.

I just read over that post you quoted Tony where RaptorThumper bypasses the TX case servo. But I'm left wondering why? I haven't read the entire thread I admit.

Is that a 550 Auto specific problem? What problem is he trying to work around? To me it looks like he's just doing what I (a non 550 owner) can already do, or am I missing something altogether????

Now bypassing the ABS, that interests me.

It is a 550 specific problem with the 7 speed auto. In manual mode and 4 low the transmission wont hold first gear. The full thread explains this here.

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=14995

_

Latest posts

Back