HID inserts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate I got it sorted just split the bulb(unlocked) fitted them up, they are a big improvement on the stock but not as good as I expected compared to the 80+ that I had in it, it may even come close to 100+ that you can get now for under half the price (eBay $76)
Thanks hunter

Well I have had another night drive and have decided that I am going to take the hid's out and put the philips +100 in, I don't like the hid's the light it throws is to patchy for me a little hard on the eyes, I had a few people flash me so I adjusted down a notch which stop the flashing. So if anyone wants to buy a new set (2hrs use) of 55w 4300k - cost $205 sell $170 + post.
hunter

does anyone know if it is illegal to have HID lights in a halogen designed light?

I just went with the 6k as they don't come across blue at a distance, they are just white as day. So hopefully coppers don't really notice.

Brett

Yes HID ARE ILLEGAL to fit to cars that don't have internally adjustable angel switch things. And it dosn't matter what you do coppers and everyone else on the road are going to know you have HID's

hey boogz str, if you find a good way to clean out headlights let me know, tried doing mine a lil while ago with not much luck, tried spraying the hose into it from the back, put custom bends into a toothbrush to reach those hard to get places but still with no luck.

Yes HID ARE ILLEGAL to fit to cars that don't have internally adjustable angel switch things. And it dosn't matter what you do coppers and everyone else on the road are going to know you have HID's
It actually comes down to the shape of the reflectors. Our headlights arent designed for HID. basically if you see any open style reflectors like ours then they are designed for halogens not HID.
I had some prat in a hilux with HID follow me this morning and you could see he had bugger all distance lit in front of him but the amount of light coming into the cab of the truck was like he was on Hi Beam. Heaps of others were flashing him so he just flashed them back making things even worse.
Word on the grapevine is they are going to start pulling vehicles illegally fitted with HID off the road and give them tow away defects. Bout bloody time I say.
Now before everyone flames my butt I have no issues with HID kits as long as they lights are adjusted correctly so they arent blinding everyone around them.
Anything with badly adjusted headlights no matter what the light source are a pain in the butt and are sometimes just plain dangerous to oncoming traffic.
In the ACT we used to have yearly inspections and if your lights were wrong you got bounced and you had to get them fixed. We used to get not only pinged for correct aim but also correct colour and wattage.
I have heard that I beleive in SA they will get you for wrong colour as in blueish light globes even if its the correct wattage and light source

hey boogz str, if you find a good way to clean out headlights let me know, tried doing mine a lil while ago with not much luck, tried spraying the hose into it from the back, put custom bends into a toothbrush to reach those hard to get places but still with no luck.

No probs wiil do

Hey Hunter, im on here now too!

Hi Matt
I have taken the Hid's out as they were pretty patchy they had like a full light in front of you then a black spot then a bit more light and the a spot right up front mainly on high beam and wasn't that good on the eyes low beam was excellent, other wise they would be a big improvement on the standard lights.
Also guys Matt dose led cabin lights which are excellent as I brought some from him for my patrol before I sold it(very bright) aswell as hid spotties & fit outs.
Cheers Lyle

Hey Lyle, how old is your kit? Can you send me a pic of the globes?

G'day People.

I started this thread a little over a week ago. This arvo, I bit the bullet and installed the HID kit from Jaycar.

I took less time to install it than reading all the wisdoms you all posted here.

I took the grill and headlights out, made it much easier. Those grill clips are buggers of things. Why can’t they just screw it in ? Anyway In all about 45 minutes. Would have taken a lot longer without the advise from this thread. THANKS.

Short road test revealed reasonably good pattern on the road. NO ONE FLASHED ME. Good start. I need a lot more time to be convinced, but the light looks brighter / whiter?

Latest posts

Back