HELP roof bars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MANNING

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking at the front to rear roof bars for my D40. Does anyone have them?
Are they a Nissan issued part or is there quality aftermarket set - link would be unreal??
What sort of weight they rated for comparing to left to right?
Thanks in aadvance

100_1225.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

They're Nissan bars off the Titanium Edition. You might try looking at this auction, the car might still have the bars.

The bars may carry the full 95kg roof limit. They are secured by 4 bolts on each "corner" (so 16 bolts altogether). It is something you should ask Nissan about.

Looking at the front to rear roof bars for my D40. Does anyone have them?
Are they a Nissan issued part or is there quality aftermarket set - link would be unreal??
What sort of weight they rated for comparing to left to right?
Thanks in aadvance

100_1225.jpg

Apart from looking "sporty" they are rubbish - I wouldn't waste my money on them. Unfortunately when I bought my 550 they were a standard fitment.
Because of the way the cross bars sit in between the rails you are limited in useable width space.
Just my 2c worth :)

Hey Guys - Thanks for the welcome and replies

Good thinking Tony 👍especially if it's like you say, bolted to the roof, it's a decent job to remove and i wouldn't guess many people would want to get rid of them if they had them. Thanks for the link.
Must be an older Titanium release that you speak of. I wound up with the Titanium just released and i hadn't seen them before.

AHOY Geoff. Greenbanks only up the highway mate. I work anywhere between the Tweed and Brisvegas and on out to the 'Swich. Works kept me local lately but made some quick beer stops at the pub there..😁

Cheers for the input Jase ☺
Always good to know the negatives too.. Only reason i thought of this as an option is the sunroof. Didnt know how a rooftop cage would go? Didn't really wanna carry anything to crazy on the roof, mainly just light and longer stuff that the stumpy tray wont accommodate.

Hey Guys - Thanks for the welcome and replies Good thinking Tony ddc4despecially if it's like you say, bolted to the roof, it's a decent job to remove and i wouldn't guess many people would want to get rid of them if they had them. Thanks for the link. Must be an older Titanium release that you speak of. I wound up with the Titanium just released and i hadn't seen them before. AHOY Geoff. Greenbanks only up the highway mate. I work anywhere between the Tweed and Brisvegas and on out to the 'Swich. Works kept me local lately but made some quick beer stops at the pub there..dde01 Cheers for the input Jase ☺ Always good to know the negatives too.. Only reason i thought of this as an option is the sunroof. Didnt know how a rooftop cage would go? Didn't really wanna carry anything to crazy on the roof, mainly just light and longer stuff that the stumpy tray wont accommodate.

We will have to arrange a meet up for a beer someday soon.there are a few of us from the forum that catch up regularly for 4x4 activities.and a few drinks and a fire.

Once again I hope you enjoy the forum.

Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's

Removal of the bars is quite easy.16 bolts and your done...but fitment to a ute that never had them is a bit of a problem.you need to drop the roof lining and fit 4 nut plates in each corner.not sure if they are spot welded in place at the factory or just a sikaflex in job .ive removed some off a 550 and the nutplates stayed where they were.im gunna suggest there welded and the roof is pressed with the holes as they were definatly not drilled afterwards.nothing is impossible tho.

Old thread, so i know the rating for the cross bars, but would it be different weight rating for north to south on the titanium racks? For a roof top tent as such?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back