Help Please!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the bizz

Reaction score
Hi,
I've just bought a new Navara king cab (ex demo with 6k miles on it) off a dealer. The other day I went to start it and it took several times to get going. When it eventually did start it was off cylinders and when I gave it a bit of a rev thinking it might clear the problem the knocking noise in the engine was frightening. Also there was a lot of light blue smoke. I limped the vehicle back into my driveway and turned it off. After a few minutes I started it again and it was fine accept I can now feel a slight vibration in the cab when the vehicle is ticking over and up to about 2.5k revs. Also and this is incidental, there is a slight noise when I engage the clutch. Is this normal. This is my first Navara and I think it's great but I am a bit concerned.
Thanks Mark

Sorry to hear about the drama's mate, ring the dealer you got the car off and tell them to fix it and you want a courtesey car.

Its under warrenty, let them fix it, dont except there is nothing wrong. A new car shouldn't do that.

Dave.

thanks

Cheers m8. I have it booked in this Monday. I suspect it was an ECU glitch but I'm worried that it has done something to the engine. Ive only done 700 miles in the thing and Ive had to put my customising plans on hold till it's sorted. This is the second time its had to go back. Do the Navara's have a inherent noise when you enguage the clutch? It's not that loud but you can definately here a noise like a plastic casing vibrating each time you put your foot on the clutch.

Thanks for your help

regards Mark

Hey Mark, I've got a D40 also and my clutch is fine. It goes in smoothly and silently. Like Dave said, get the dealers to fix it all up. you shouldn't have to put up with crap like that from a new car.

100% "u" turn

Left the car in to the dealer on Mon. to get it looked at. Got a phone call on Wed. from the dealers workshop boss and I quote "We have had several Navara's brought back with the same fault. Nissan are working on a fix" He then went into a whole speil about the injectors not getting the correct voltage on start up. Also and I quote "It's sort of like a having to reboot a PC after it crashes. Leave it for 5 mins and start it again and it will be all right"
As for the noise in the clutch the dealership say that it is the transmission and they all have the same noise.

I am not accepting this so I asked for my money back as the dealer has nothing to replace my car with...

24 hours later the salesman phones me saying that the mechanic says there is nothing wrong with the car and his boss told him that I would not be getting my money back..

I am well pissed off and will not let this issue drop. So any help would be much appreciated

Hi the bizz,

Sounds like you need to have a word with the Department of Fair Trading. Also sounds like you are copping the raw prawn treatment.

Good luck with it.

DJ

case

Have opened a case with Nissan UK and they said the car is under warranty and if it can't be fixed I am within my right to ask for a refund. The problem is the dealer is now saying that there's nothing wrong with the car...The salesmans boss said and I quote"he's not getting his money back. Let him go down the legal route if he wants". Nice.

Why are people like this allowed to trade?

This company are now going to make it as hard as possible for me to get my money back. When I am legally entitled to it.

every bloody merchant seems to be turning in a fk these days!

good luck mate and i hope you get a refund without too much hassle.

its just like my schoolies money; we said we'd get 50 bucks off each for cash payment, we offered a payment in one go through bank transfer and he said deal. now a week before schoolies hes wanting that extra 50, wtf. he can have his 50 but as soon as we we're leave going to put the department of fair trading or whatever it is onto him.

stingy prick...

Nissan Dealership

I have now had to take the car back and take it down to a proper "approved" Nissan Dealership. As the place I bought the car from have dug their heels in and said they would put my car into storage and it would be up to my solicitor to sort it. This would take months.

So I called my local Nissan dealer and arranged to try out other Navara's to see if the clutch in them made the same noise as mine. Suprise suprise! they didn't. One was even an 06 model with 17k on it. Also there was no knocking noises from their engines. Mine actually sounds a bit like a tractor compared to them.

Their sales man told meet at a meeting to-day that all the stuff the other guys told me sounded like "they're giving you the run around" he also said if it's got a full warranty they'll fix it and that it was no skin off they're nose....
He is getting his head mechanic to look at it for me next week.

Driving it back to-day I was sitting there thinking I really dont want to get rid of this car. So I hope the Nissan guys can sort it. Fingers crossed...

Latest posts

Back