Hello from the States

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontin40

Reaction score
Just want to say hi and introduce my Frontier to this site. Looking forward to see what this site offers. Here is my truck with Arctic flares and wheels with a Calmini 5in lift.

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

Welcome to the forums mate. Nice looking vehicle, love the flares! How big are those tyres, if you don't mind me asking.

Cheers Brad

Welcome to the forums mate. Nice looking vehicle, love the flares! How big are those tyres, if you don't mind me asking.

Cheers Brad

I have 33's on right now but going to 35's next month probably. Without out gears 37's would give me terrible gas mileage.

Truck before flares and wheels
IMG_0112.jpg

Last edited:
Nice rig, are you going to match the flares to the colour of the car? Are those aftermarket headlights? They look good, I wonder if that style is available for the D22.

I would color match if I didn't have a chrome bumper, but I'm still undecided on either leaving them black or matching. Also they do have the lights for the d22's on ebay.

P9110011.jpg

Gday and welcome to the Nav forum.

Where you from?
Have lots of family in northern US & Canada.

Gee lucky your not in Australia, otherwise the forum police would be right onto those modifications!!
Did you know it's illegal to lift a truck more than 2" in Australia?

Gee lucky your not in Australia, otherwise the forum police would be right onto those modifications!!

Thats a bit rich

Did you know it's illegal to lift a truck more than 2" in Australia?

Where is that legislation found, lots of talk about it but no-ones posted it?

Where is that legislation found, lots of talk about it but no-ones posted it?

Yes it exists - cant be arsed pointing to it though.
Over 2 inch lift requires engineer certification and depending upon the engineer the can demand that it undertake a lane change test at a specified speed to ensure that it doesn't roll over to have its belly rubbed.
Called into Vicroads today actually to get documentation to shove up ARB's arse and set fire to since they want me to grind my control arms to make their shock absorbers fit. They wont refund them because they say that I must undertake this modification - I refuse to do it because to do so would require NDT and an engineers certificate that they wont pay for. Documentation in one hand and a lighter in the other!

Welcome mate.

Some great pics there.

How much is fuel in the states ?

Dave.

I'm in Arizona now and gas is over $3 a gallon right now. It sucks you have laws that limit lift height, but some Sates here also have ridiculous laws when doing certain things to vehicles also.

CIMG1104.jpg

Last edited:
Not bad at all.

Use are paying 82 cents per litre in our money.

Gas (Petrol) over here is about $1.23 a litre. $4.66 Aus a gallon.

What else you got planned for the Frontier ?

Dave.

A Titan V8 swap is next on the wish list. Just waiting for a person already doing the swap for a write up.

055nj.jpg

018jy.jpg

Cool, looking forward to seeing it.

Dont the US spec R51 Pathfinders come out with the VK56DE ?

So shouldn't be to hard.

Dave.

Trying to find a wrecked one is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Not to many of them made either.

I'm in Arizona now and gas is over $3 a gallon right now. It sucks you have laws that limit lift height, but some Sates here also have ridiculous laws when doing certain things to vehicles also.

CIMG1104.jpg

Love those rims. Do you know the brand?

Latest posts

Back