headlight indicators not working

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nazone

Reaction score
First off, this is my first post! Im Naz! hello everyone! just bought my Navara d40.

Tried searching this issue but didnt find anything.

the Navara has a steel nissan bullbar. the indicators on the bullbar work, taillights work side panel indicators work. But my Headlights indicators dont! dunno what the problem is. Ive torn it all apart. Theyre connected with the bullbar indicators. . . . . its frustrating me.

Is this a yellow sticker issue? I was thinking maybe Its not needed because I already have front indicators on the bullbar . . .

Help please.

Thanks

Naz

first things first, welcome.
now is your car picking up that a bulb isnt working? when indicating it will flash really fast inside the car, first check the bulb(cant see it being this as its both not working) then if thats not that find yourself a dc voltage meter/multimeter and see if your getting power to the indicator then check that you have an earth back to the battery.

Have a look at the fuse next to the battery mounted off the guard. There should be a fuse and 2 relays. The wiring from factory for the bullbar makes the globes in the bar the main lights and the lights in the headlights are driven by the relays. The fuse will power the headlight indicator globes.
Now all this is from memory but should be close on the money. If someone has played with the wiring then it could be different but I am guessing thats your issue

Oh yeah my headlight indicator globes were wired with reverse polarity so earth to the center pin and pos to the case of the globe so dont be surprised if you get weird results

Hey Nazone, I have the same problem with mine, I have a 2008 with a ARB steel bar. There was one thing that was happening with mine before they totally failed, which may help with sorting the problem out. I noticed that after I washed my ute, the passenger side headlight indicator would be glowing for awhile (Just on, not flashing and would stay on with ignition off). Not sure if that points towards a dodgie relay or not. Guys any ideas?? Glenn

Have a look at the fuse next to the battery mounted off the guard. There should be a fuse and 2 relays. The wiring from factory for the bullbar makes the globes in the bar the main lights and the lights in the headlights are driven by the relays. The fuse will power the headlight indicator globes.
Now all this is from memory but should be close on the money. If someone has played with the wiring then it could be different but I am guessing thats your issue

Oh yeah my headlight indicator globes were wired with reverse polarity so earth to the center pin and pos to the case of the globe so dont be surprised if you get weird results

having the lights in the bar as the main lights sounds pretty shit, mine are full of mud all the time one of the lights in my bar blew and it was fully rusted into the holder.

Sounds like one of the relays was full of crap and when wet it was conducting enough for the globe to glow.
Mine were eaten by battery acid so I bridged out both the front lights and changed the rear lights to led to stop the extra globe indicator coming on in the dash( it shows there is an extra globe connected like when you have a trailer connected)

having the lights in the bar as the main lights sounds pretty shit, mine are full of mud all the time one of the lights in my bar blew and it was fully rusted into the holder.
I thought exactly the same thing and the factory bar lights in the 07 alloy bar are light $5 specials from ebay. Same lights in many bars at that time , Hilux,patrol etc but as yet havent found anything in LED to swap it out with.
Oh yeah the reasoning for the bar lights being the predominant lights as they would be deemed more visible than the headlight globes with all the bar work in front from the bullbar

I thought exactly the same thing and the factory bar lights in the 07 alloy bar are light $5 specials from ebay. Same lights in many bars at that time , Hilux,patrol etc but as yet havent found anything in LED to swap it out with.
Oh yeah the reasoning for the bar lights being the predominant lights as they would be deemed more visible than the headlight globes with all the bar work in front from the bullbar

ah yeh makes sence but still there cheap as i also had a look for replacements but couldnt mind anything that would fit that size, cutting is required, but for now i just replaced the driving light with led.

Well I knew it would only be a matter of time
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290719374401?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Can only find the units listed for Toyotas.
I think the reason being that if we were to install these lights direct into the nav the indicators would flash fast. To install them we would have to rewire the lights to put the main globe back as the headlight globe .

Genuine Narva Part
87280.jpg

and the replacement part
$(KGrHqFHJEoE88d-iMCKBP,,LnSV+g~~60_35.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back