harjess

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harjess

Reaction score
hi all
purchased new rx 4x4 dual cab t/d three weeks ago. Bullbar ,tow bar canopy, driving lights, window tint, the works. Very heavy on fuel so thought I would contact dealer in Newcastle who sells both Nissans And Mitsubishi to find price on Triton and changeover. These people quoted me $45500 last month to sell me this vehicle so was expecting good price. It has done 1500km which as we all know is nothing. They offered me $30000.
thats right $30000. scared the hell out of me. if thats how quick they depreciate I advise you all to sell now or by xmas you will owe them money.:suicide:very very very dissapointed with the insult as Ive had a nissan for years with no probs but to get this response from a dealer who was recommended to me is a worry.be wary.I know I should have done my homework better before the purchase but due to circumstances out of my control I was forced to rush and as I previously owned a GREAT STR, I thought I couldnt go wrong.33% depreciation in 3 weeks, your kidding.Never again

Welcome to the forums. Can't say I'm overly suprised by the price. had you talked turkey with them I'd expect more but the car devalues the minute a name gets put on the ownership papers because it becomes second hand. We might not like it but its a fact of life. Try the same thing with a Triton I bet the drop will be the same or better

Mate surely it couldn't be so heavy on fuel you would be prepared to throw away even half that depreciation would it? At worst a T/D manual should use about 12L/100km, a triton should be around 10L/100, even if you only lost 5 grand on a changeover price (which is never going to happen) how long is it going to take you to make up that difference in 2L/100km fuel usage difference?

Did you ask the dealer why it's unusually heavy on fuel?

Sorry to hear you're not happy with the truck mate, as Matt said, what fuel figures are you getting?

The Tritons were even worse in after-sales value drops, I'd heard. The Hiluxes were a little better, but I can't do with the marginal towing improvement that the Hilux or Triton offered over the 2.1 tonnes that my traded-in Commodore gave me.

3 tonne capacity means a greater margin of safety and ease of work. My Navara is going to pull the 1.8 tonne van around a lot easier (60% of its max load) compared to say the Triton's 2.3 tonne max (78% of its max load) or the Hilux's 2.4 tonne (75%). That means the small investment in additional fuel that I might use is paying for itself in other ways.

I'm not getting near the claimed 9.5L/100km in mine either, but in order to get those figures, the dealers drive at 45km/h with an anorexic midget at the wheel whose sole job is to use their 27Kg frame to guide the car in a straight line along the Nullabor for as long as the proscribed 10 litres of fuel in the tank lasts, after which they have to get out and jump up and down to signal that they're ready to be picked up. They then retrieve said Hobbit and vehicle, return the seats, tray, spare tyre etc to the vehicle and sell it as a demo model with just over 100km on the clock.

I'm wondering if Toyota also use Hobbits to get their figures.

I'm not getting near the claimed 9.5L/100km in mine either, .

Is there a claim from Nissan that the Nav's get 9.5? All the paperwork I got from Nissan claimed 10.9 or worse. Not that I was overly worried because it's not like the figures they offer are anything more than a comparison figure so all manufacturers are sprouting on the same level.

Saying the Nav is heavy on fuel isn't much of a claim without figures anyway, compared to a scooter the Nav is a guzzler but compared to a Mitsubishi FH100 it's brilliant (for the record I used to get 19/100 in one of those). I do still think if you brought the Triton and tried to trade it on the Nav after 3 weeks you'd be in a worse position that you're in now.

hi all
Getting 13/100 on open road. asked dealer I purchased it off and he said he expected 10/100 but couldn't offer a reason for the excess. I drive at 100-110km/hr.
Triton is no longer an option at that rate and as you all indicate, thats probably a blessing in disguise. I'm sure in time I will warm to this car as I really loved the last one, 3lt td str 2003 which I sold for $23000, but I was really rattled that those MORONS in Newcastle had the hyde to quote me that price for a trade.
I think these sites are for owners to give each other advice and swap stories about their 2nd, sometimes 1st, love.So I look forward to reading on in the future and finish this by saying BE CAREFUL IF YOU EVER GO TO NEWCASTLE.

hi all
Getting 13/100 on open road. asked dealer I purchased it off and he said he expected 10/100 but couldn't offer a reason for the excess. I drive at 100-110km/hr.
Triton is no longer an option at that rate and as you all indicate, thats probably a blessing in disguise. I'm sure in time I will warm to this car as I really loved the last one, 3lt td str 2003 which I sold for $23000, but I was really rattled that those MORONS in Newcastle had the hyde to quote me that price for a trade.
I think these sites are for owners to give each other advice and swap stories about their 2nd, sometimes 1st, love.So I look forward to reading on in the future and finish this by saying BE CAREFUL IF YOU EVER GO TO NEWCASTLE.

Dunno how many Nissan dealers there are in Newie but I think I know of one guy who doesn't seem to have a problem with them. I hate my local dealer too and wouldn't be suprised to see him say the same thing about trading in a near new car, although my local is Nissan/Toyota so I can't see him selling me a Triton anyway.

The dealer saying 10's is more than likely his pre-programmed Nissan training more than a reliable figure which is why he wont offer a reason as to why yours is higher, Nissan sales staff programming only goes so far. I get low 10's out of mine but many here don't and 13's are not unheard of. There is so many things that can effect fuel economy and at the end of the day it all comes down to the individual car and driver. Some people even say that some vehicles get better economy as they get a bit more run in, of course there will be those that disagree too but either way I don't think I'd be screaming about 13's just yet given such a wide range of figures already quoted on this an other sites.

A bit over 2 months old our 2.5 CR has returned an average fuel consumption of 9.22 L/100. To say the least I am impressed. The tested figure shown on the windscreen was 9.2 and so I am interested to see if it will drop further as the engine wears in a bit more. Only 7000K's so far.
I think it more comes down to how you drive them as to what figures you return. My missus uses the car everyday and drives relatively sedately. Every gear change is at or just before 3000rpm and she never rushes to get it there either so I am guessing that makes a huge difference. She is incredibly kind to clutch's as well - our 12 year old XR6 was still on its original at 340,000kms.

Hi mate and welcome aboard.
Remember its not the car yards fault for giving you a low trade in price, it happens to every vehicle old or new, so dont hold any grudges there.
With your fuel economy it took me almost a year to get my best results out of the car so it might just need to loosen up a bit depending on how many kays you do. And location plays a big part in economy, try a couple of trips that sit at a same constant speed but in a few different directions/freeways.

Cheers.

hi all

You need to run the engine in, Most guys are reporting improved economy after 20000K's

Hi all,
I bought my auto D40 from new, and it also returned slightly alarming fuel figures for the first 10 to 15 thousand km, try 13.5 to 14l/100km, empty and around town/freeways. Now at 50,000, with a 2.5 inch lift and 265/75 ATR's, I expect worse, but it returns 11.3-11.5. It also has bull bar, lights etc. When we toured, pulled 950kg camper trailer, and had loaded vehicle, (2.6t) travelled between 80-120km/h over graded gravels and rotten blacktop and got 12.1l/100km. Engine is stock. It does improve, don't despair.

I think the hobbit mentioned earlier doesn't test drive new cars, only those with pre run in engines.

Latest posts

Back