hard cover hinges

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hon-su

Reaction score
Just bought myself a 2nd hand Nissan hard cover. Can anyone post a photo of how the hinge is suppose to set up? I can't figure out how a bent pin is suppose to just hook into a hole on the bracket, seems a bit odd to me.

i don't have mine on at the moment, but you slide the pin through then once it's through both sides, bend it down. there is a small tab that the bent part of the pin will slide against and hold it in place

These are the mounting brackets. The right one is how I'm assuming the pin is going to sit??

Attachments

• 20130629_202649.jpg
    20130629_202649.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 367
hi hon-su, i believe from what youve attached these are not the hindges for the hardlid. These actually go under the two side pieces underneth the sports bar which secure the small side piece in place. Bit hard to explain will try get some pics

Right..... turns out I was short changed on hinge mounting plates and 2 ball pin mounts as well. Should've asked as I've no idea what were the required parts but that's the risk you take buying 2nd hand.

Will be calling Nissan tomorrow for parts.....

he was relatively local.....45mins drive away. sms him and called him today, left msg to call back.... Will try again tomorrow, then to Nissan.

You may find Nissan don't have them for sale separately.
When I bought a s/h lid (knowing it didn't come with all the hardware), I ended up getting spares from a hardlid place in melbourne who were able to supply everything I needed (replacement locks, lock brackets and hinge pins in my case).

I did think they wouldn't sell separately. Called them today and yes they do. Ordered the missing parts....$220 later.

I recently bought a second hand hard lid also and was unsure where those parts pictured went, any pics would be most appreciated.

Josh

Latest posts

Back