Gauge Installation Questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floydo

Reaction score
Hey Guys
After sucking one turbo impellor through the engine. Thought it would be cheap insurance to get a boost, EGT and oil pressure gauge. Just ordered some Autometer Ultralite gauges.

Couple of questions on installing, for the boost gauge I see people are just teeing into the hose under the manifold, is this the best place ?
EGT probe is the one that has a hose clamp, and you just drill a hole and clamp the probe up. Obviously the best place is in the dump pipe? But where?
Electronic oil pressure sender what thread does the ZD30? 1/4NPT? or will i need a metric adapter? With the gauges mounted on the A pillar where is the best place to pick up the lights and power from?fuse box which locations.

Best way to learn is to do, and ask questions before doing. So I hope that isn't to may questions.

boost line tee in the hose that goes to the zd30's boost sensor is fine.

egt probe you want it nice and close to the turbo outlet.

and not sure about the oil pressure thread, being japanese most things wuld be metric... but for the senders could be either...

James

As for the lights to get themto turn on when you turn on your dash lights i used the orange wirein the standard wiring loom for the stock headunit as this is for the headunit lights (in the 05 zd30 navs atleast) as i didnt need this wire for my pioneer headunit as it doesnt have a dimmer function.

Latest posts

Back