Fuel knock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrick

Reaction score
Guys can any body explain what is fuel knock? Can someone please tell me where I can get a diesel pump for my d22. Engine yd25
Thanks in advance

all diesel knock. the question is how bad.

no idea who sells injection pumps over in your country.

it would pay to fill us in on what you have done. last i heard you pulled the head off.
what was wrong with the engine?

The knocking is real loud. When I rev it gets louder,took the head off check the valves,none seems to be bent or leaking no scuffing on piston sleve,everything seems to be okay.tomorrow we will check the crank shafts and connecting rods

ok guys, we have found the problem. It was no. 3 piston connecting rod berings the bottom one broke in two the top was not bad but you could clearly see wear on it. Will change all when i get them . Does any one else think i should change the main barerings too as they are not bad.

You want to work out why it broke in the first place otherwise it will happen again. Low oil pressure? Over revving? Just old age?

those engines have crap bottom end bearings.
no one has worked out exactly why they fail and nissan won't say why either.
best thing is to convert them to tri metal bearings.

Can't say why they broke in the first place, had castrol diesel oil 40 in engine at time of failure.Am hoping that the crank shafts isn't badly worn or I may have to replace it also.
Tweaked where can I get the trip metal ones? Could someone point me to a website that sells parts for my engine. Is 12111-ad200. The same as 12111-ad20b? I carry 12111-ad200

as mentioned before, see the UK forum. they have the part numbers and suppliers sorted.

Thanks
Guys i found some slight uneveness on my crankshaft where no.3 bearing broke,if i grind and polish it do i have to get oversize bearings to fit?

Its not something you can do yourself, you'll have to get it machined and buy oversize bearings.

They go up in 10 thousanths of an inch. About 1 mm. It's normal to do all the journals at the same time.

Thats what happend to mine!
little did we know that little bits of the turbo blew into the head and cracking it it was so small but slowly killed the car until it didn't turn on , we rebuilt the head and chucked in a new turbo now it runs like a beast, i dont know if yours is the same but yeh maybe give it a closer inspection :)

Latest posts

Back