fuel cooling

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just wanted to know what pressure the fuel pump sent thru the fuel towards the injectors,i had a land rover td5 that had in one and even then the fuel filter was hot to touch after any drive,will have the filter on the d22 when i get to see how hot there are.

use an oil cooler on the pump return line. hard thing is placing it in a cool airflow and keeping the outlet end upright (otherwise it can get airlocked).

the reason for a cooler is the fuel in the tank gets to hot. when low on fuel it can get really hot especially in oz on hot days. remember the fuel is what cools that very expensive injection pump.

i think its a BMW that uses the same IP as ZD30 but uses a fuel cooler and returns the fuel back to the fuel filter rather than back to the tank.

I havent seen a cooler on my d40 but my brother inlaw has one on his d22 just behind the grill. it looks standard but is tiny...

use an oil cooler on the pump return line. hard thing is placing it in a cool airflow and keeping the outlet end upright (otherwise it can get airlocked).

the reason for a cooler is the fuel in the tank gets to hot. when low on fuel it can get really hot especially in oz on hot days. remember the fuel is what cools that very expensive injection pump.

i think its a BMW that uses the same IP as ZD30 but uses a fuel cooler and returns the fuel back to the fuel filter rather than back to the tank.

Good point there Tweake.

I havent seen a cooler on my d40 but my brother inlaw has one on his d22 just behind the grill. it looks standard but is tiny...

your looking at he power steering cooler. the fuel cooler is a box with a coil of pipe in it, i think its just in front of the fuel tank.

Latest posts

Back