front right knock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavyD22

Reaction score
Hello wondering if anyone can help me out.
my 2010 D22 has had a 2" lift and suspension upgrade. and the other week i was in some dunes and took a heavy hit on the right hand side suspension.. ever since then i turn left round a bend theres a slght knock or somthing feels loosish in the steering (not a cv knock)or if im full lock and hitting a bump or curb pulling into a drive way there is a knock ive checked suspension CV'S ETC.. and had my dealership and suspension guys check it out and cant find anything.. does anyone have any sugestions of what it might be its only when im turning left and its coming from the right hand front
cheers

Last edited:
Sounds like you might have knocked the nylon cap/nut off the steering limiting bolts, pretty common problem usually described when people are turning into their driveways. You can get them replaced but they will only come off again, easier to cover them in a lump of grease and also the "track" that they rub against when the wheel is on full lock with the suspension working up and down.

Try starting with that before worrying about cv joints or more serious problems :)

G'day guys,
I sold my '04 STR recently to a mate and he told me he was having the same noise that you described. After reading your thread I told him what to look for and he found the nylon steering limits were worn through.
See attached file.
Subsequently he went to Brighton Nissan (Vic) and got 4 new ones off the shelf for $7 each. Problem solved (for now).

Cheers
Jase

Attachments

• P1010389.jpg
    P1010389.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 102
yeah had them, both replaced didnt fix problem since found out a slightly bent stub axled was the cause... because camber wasnt right so tyre on one side was rubbing... or so iwas told

front right knock when turning at any steer angle to the left

I know this post is a few months old but I am having the same problem on my 2010 navara , The knock in my front right corner only happens when you turn left and it can happen at any speed and at any steering angle when turning left (so it is not the bump stops at full lock), it is more noticable when you are offroad or driving over harsh bumps. It happens with the hubs both locked in and not locked in . The CV's have been looked at and are fine but there is alot of slop in the steering box and it makes a suspiciously similiar noise when you turn the steering wheel eratically left to right when the vehicle is stationary.

Might pay to check your body mounts. After 500kms in my 2010 D22 i was getting a knocking sound coming from the right side when I was taking left hand corners and it turned out to be worn body mounts.

Pretty common on the newer D22's as the material they used to make them is pretty shit apparently.

I know this post is a few months old but I am having the same problem on my 2010 navara , The knock in my front right corner only happens when you turn left and it can happen at any speed and at any steering angle when turning left (so it is not the bump stops at full lock), it is more noticable when you are offroad or driving over harsh bumps. It happens with the hubs both locked in and not locked in . The CV's have been looked at and are fine but there is alot of slop in the steering box and it makes a suspiciously similiar noise when you turn the steering wheel eratically left to right when the vehicle is stationary.

I have a similar noise on the left of my 2006 D22, don't have to be on full lock and sounds like something is loading up and then letting go. also get a vibration and loud thump under the floor (i would guess around about where my feet are) when reversing or coming to anything more then a smooth slow stop. have had my torsion bars grease up and checked. Noise is slowly getting worse

Latest posts

Back