Fly by wire throttle lag

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mahooody

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can remove the lag in the throttle so wen I take my foot off the gas the revs will drop straight away

Does anyone know how I can remove the lag in the throttle so wen I take my foot off the gas the revs will drop straight away

prolly have to change the ECU programming, tho if the revs dropped instantly I reckon the engine would prolly stall everytime you stopped the vehicle

sounds like you have run on. more than likely you have oil in the intake so the engine is running on engine oil.
i had it before i fitted the catch can.

could also be leaking turbo or leaking injector.

then what governs the idle speed? isnt the engine speed supposed to slowly come back down after throttle close...and not "just because its a diesel"

I thought it was because of the heavy internal components and the long stroke.

My 998 Cooper Mini, with aluminium flywheel, lightened rods, nitrited crank and a 38mm side draught dellorto had some super snappy on/off throttle response.

I thought it was because of the heavy internal components and the long stroke.

My 998 Cooper Mini, with aluminium flywheel, lightened rods, nitrited crank and a 38mm side draught dellorto had some super snappy on/off throttle response.

that doesnt govern idle speed

It only because of the electronic throttle it has the lag and that wat I'm trying to find my way around.

but is it?
theres other things i would check first.
what is the boost doing?
even on my mechanical injection 4x4 the boost takes a while to drop even tho fuel is minimal.

i doubt that in this climate of everyone wanting cheaper running vehicles that any manufacture is going to pour in unneeded fuel on trailing throttle which would also increase emissions.

only way to overcome the engine inertia is to fit some sort of brake system like throttle butterly or exhaust brake.

I spose really, how long is it taking to drop back down...in reality its prolly normal and not a problem,
everyone will interpret it differently, its really hard to tell over a forum

Latest posts

Back