fitting big tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b.k.2008

Reaction score
Hey guys, thinking of fitting some tyres, There LT315/75R16 HANKOOK AT M's, onto my 2011 d22, i was wondering if they would fit on the stock rims & if the tyres would fit on the cars with out them scrubbing

i would love to hear you opinions

you will need to do alot of work to make them fit, not to mention your 2.5 motor is going to really struggle taking off.

At a minimum u would need a 2" suspension lift, 3" body lift, run negative offset rims and cut some of the guards out. Also reduction gears would be a must otherwise it would be like taking off in 3rd gear. You are better off running 33's with a 2" suspension lift, 2"body lift and a rear locker.

they can fit, have seen them once before.
stock rims arent wide enough.

joshy ran 35x13.5s i think they were with a 2 + 2 lift.

you'll need to do a bit of guard work, how much? who knows til you fit them.

a few guys have run 35's before, bit slow off the mark but aparantly not un-drivable.

you wont need reduction gears that only changes when in 4L, but changing to higher diff ratios would bring the final drive back to around stock.

i dont know of anyone running a 3" body lift, 2 inch is an easy mod but 3" would cause a few headaches.

and as for rim offset, the more negative you go the more guardwork you will have to do.
you'd want to try and go with a postitive 20 or a 0 offset id think.

I ran a mates 35's on my nav the other day. I have just installed my body lift. they will fit, but any sort of articulation will cause them to rub. 35's were on a 0 offset 16" rim. Wasn't too slow off the mark but i imagine you would struggle in soft sand to get going hence suggesting reduction gears.

there is a guy on here that use to own the Maroochydore Goodyear that was running them on his 2010 d22, Had the snake 3" kit, 2" body lift and 0 offset 8" rims..... looked insane but mega sluggish and had fuk all flex

Latest posts

Back