Finally worth a vent!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunus88

Reaction score
Well probably not...However, today is now the 5th time I have managed to "break" a D40 interior door handle! These things are junk! Made of plastic and where the cable/ball attach to it they snap!

At the cost of approx. $150-$200 new from Nissan I guess I now need to hunt down another one from a wreckers! Such a PITA! haha...anyone wrecking a D40?

I had one break.. Some 2 x cable tie and ingenuity fixed it (took about 20 mins).. Not had a problem since :) You need 1 cable tie around the ball - and the other to secure it to the latch.. It's fiddly but works..

I had one break.. Some 2 x cable tie and ingenuity fixed it (took about 20 mins).. Not had a problem since :) You need 1 cable tie around the ball - and the other to secure it to the latch.. It's fiddly but works..

Cable ties, you sir are a smart man.

Legend! Was trying to think of ways to fix it without the need of another new handle...Definitely changed my mood for the day haha! Cheers bud

Mines broken at the other end, near where the striker is. Some cheap bit of plastic. Whenever car has been locked have to open from inside first then door will continually open from outside until locked again. Now reading ur zip tie solution, u sir r an inspiration. Will see if I can do it to that end

Cheers

Leayton

i bought 2 non genuine ones off ebay for $80. dunno how long theyll last but. the missus cut her finger open on the chrome peeling off

Last edited:
I weld most plastics with my soldering iron.
Youtube has tips how to. Most importantly use enough heat not too much. I use a gas powered iron so its adjustable. If you need material to build a weld slice a slither of the the host material from part of it not necessary. Eg. Off and edge that cant be seen.

Latest posts

Back