F*@king low lifes.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your solution sounds okay, Bart.

The aerial is basically one wire with a shield. The shield should be electrically "grounded", meaning it is connected to the base of the radio. The inner core is where the signal travels and the entire length of it must be shielded so that it doesn't act as an extension to the antenna.

So if you can organise the inner conductor safely up through that threaded section and solder it in place you've done it. Be careful that when you heat it up you don't overheat it and melt it, it's probably brass, but also be aware that it might just be blocked with solder anyway so giving it a bit of heat might shake the solder loose and drilling may not be needed.

yeah that will work bart, what tony said dont over heat it when soldering, what have you got to loose really?

bryan

Thanks tony and bryan. Yeah i think i will give it ago trying to fix it by either drilling the hole through or heating it up to get rid of the solder thats there and then pock that wire through then resolder it in place. At least if that works i wont have to buy a new aerial and if it doesn work well then im no worse off then if i didnt give it a try.

Riteeo thanks again for the help i will let yas know how i get along with trying to fix it.

Bart

Latest posts

Back