Duplicolor DIY Paint on Tub Liner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munnerz

Reaction score
http://www.navara.asia/album.php?albumid=511&pictureid=2518

Righto so here's some pics of me painting on Duplicolor Bed Armor
It was a fairly simply process with attention to detail the biggest problem.
This product was a cheaper option to a tub liner in comparison to other options.
I am very happy with how it turned out and after it all I would say that sanding the tub and cleaning it are very important steps .
For $159 bucks it's not a bad idea, also half a tin did two coats of my dual cab so it will easily do single or extra cabs.

Cheers

What's it like? I had some of the pressure pack ones you can get from repco and its scratch of in most places

Not blaming your prep and application but looks a bit ordinary from the pics. Maybe the pics don't do it justice. Sitill it's going to be hard wearing and protect it well.

Not blaming your prep and application but looks a bit ordinary from the pics. Maybe the pics don't do it justice. Sitill it's going to be hard wearing and protect it well.

Yeah I actually thought it looked pretty average aswell, just how it is, grows on you though. I still strongly believe it's worth the $160

is that brushed or sprayed on?
don't mean to offend but it looks very average compared to some other spray on liners I have used and seen
raptor spray on is only 250ish for the kit with spraygun and gives a way better finish

is that brushed or sprayed on?
don't mean to offend but it looks very average compared to some other spray on liners I have used and seen
raptor spray on is only 250ish for the kit with spraygun and gives a way better finish

Nah it's all good mate, I don't care it does what it's suppose to and was cheap.
It's paint on with roller and Brush, I think you guys don't like it because your use to the more sand paper look where as this had sorta chunky bits of Kevlar and what not for impact resistance. IMO it looks good and works well. Plus come on how many time have you worked past someone's tub liner and admired the look.

Nah it's all good mate, I don't care it does what it's suppose to and was cheap.
It's paint on with roller and Brush, I think you guys don't like it because your use to the more sand paper look where as this had sorta chunky bits of Kevlar and what not for impact resistance. IMO it looks good and works well. Plus come on how many time have you worked past someone's tub liner and admired the look.

HAHAHA thats true dont think i`v ever gone past a ute and gone "DAMN thats a sexy bit of tub liner you have there". besides the way my tub is to be honest its the first part to cop a flogging.

i just did my tailgate witht he aerosol can looks alot better than the brushed look

i reckon you would need about 5 cans to do the tub with 4 coats which is cheaper than buying the kit

Looks good,where did you get the cans from and how much?? i may do the same to the floor of the tray im going to build, do you think it will last??

Got the cans from supercrap for 23

Used less than a can and did 4 coats

The tailgate is going to be the test surface for durability until I get round to cleaning the tub.

Wats good about it is that if it's not thick enough. Just add more coats

i just did my tailgate witht he aerosol can looks alot better than the brushed look

i reckon you would need about 5 cans to do the tub with 4 coats which is cheaper than buying the kit

Yeah I like the look of yours but as a tub liner you'll have to let me no how it goes, cause i can't imagine it has the impact resistance and protection that mine has.

Latest posts

Back