Dual Battery Setup

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STC

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am exploring the idea of setting up a dual battery for my DX Nav, and would like to know how others have installed their battery's under the bonnet.
Photo's if possible and what systems they have used.

Also has anybody used the Redarc system ?

Cheers
STC

I am mid-setup now.

I have the Pirhana tray installed in the engine bay, the redarc is installed and all wiring to charge the battery. I am picking up an Exide ED5 battery tomorrow and I picked up 8 metres of red & black 6 B&S cable this afternoon for the run to the rear tray. I have a couple of Anderson plugs but Im not sure if I am going to use them or install a small distribution board.

The 6 B&S will be run from the battery to the rear tray primarily for the 50 litre Waeco I got on the weekend, if I install a distribution board in the back it will give me a bit more flexibility to add stuff, 2 x rear work lights etc etc. Just not sure what to do yet.

Will whip out and take a couple of pics.

I don't think the battery they mention is a deep cycle battery Dave. Weird?

No real reason why you couldn't get a deep cycle battery there though, from memory they are an N50 size battery which can be had in any form you like, be it deep cycle, gel cel (woudln't put under bonnet), etc.

No real reason why you couldn't get a deep cycle battery there though, from memory they are an N50 size battery which can be had in any form you like, be it deep cycle, gel cel (woudln't put under bonnet), etc.

Just unusual to offer a cranking battery as part of a DB system thats all.

Last edited:
i actually put my spare battery in the tray cause of no room under the bonnet and i can connect fridge's straight to it ah. as it's in a box
i have 105amp/h deep cycle battery, and with the system i got a projecta dual battery system.
but i bought an amp wiring kit so there was no voltage drop cause of the bigger cable.

Hey Dave, emailed that mob with the dual battery setup, looks like a good kit gettin a price inculding postage and handling to Hedland. cheers for the link

A bloke at work slipped his 2nd battery behind his Nissan alloy roo bar and covered the oval shaped holes with a fine mesh to protect it. Not a bad idea, there’s heaps of room in there but it would block off some air flow to the radiator.

Latest posts

Back