driving on the beach

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pawright

Reaction score
can anyone tell me what beaches that you can drive on in victoria and also if anyone has any tips for such a trip:idea:

I believe the only beach in Victoria where it's not illegal to drive is in Portland but you have to be a member of their four wheel drive club and I'm fairly sure it's only during club events that you can do it. But if your heading that far east it's nearly as easy to head to Robe in SA where beach driving is legal although it's not hugely challenging in some parts because even my 05 Forrestor did the beaches and dunes in Robe with little effort.

what about glen aire i know there is a track towards the beach but i havent been there in some time

There is literally thousands of tracks to the beach in Victoria but that doesn't necessarily mean Joe Public is allowed to access the beach from them. Some are there for the rangers and DSE, some are to allow closer access to the beach and some and just left from the days when beach driving wasn't illegal everywhere. There is probably a dozen or so tracks with in an hour or so of my place that I could use to access the beach but that doesn't make it legal.

Your best bet is always to ask the local council, information center or even the caravan park/accommodation places because they will soon tell you better than anyone else. But I'm fairly sure you'll find that nearly all beaches in Vic don't allow it at all while the odd few might allow it as a part of a club outing.

I believe the only beach in Victoria where it's not illegal to drive is in Portland but you have to be a member of their four wheel drive club and I'm fairly sure it's only during club events that you can do it. But if your heading that far east it's nearly as easy to head to Robe in SA where beach driving is legal although it's not hugely challenging in some parts because even my 05 Forrestor did the beaches and dunes in Robe with little effort.

I think your referring to the Portland Dune Buggy Club. Portland Dune Buggy Club - PDBC
Fantastic place, You must become a member to go out on the dunes, but your still not allowed to drive on the beach, It's a very daunting place, best to go as a passenger in a buggy before venturing out on your own.

That's the one but I thought they also did some beach driving on land they own or have some rights too as a part of some of their events. It was about 5 years ago I was last in Portland and I wasn't interested in finding out too much info about them because they were too far away for me.

I'm not sure whether as a part of the new rules and regulations in Vic State Forests if there will be any hope of beaches to drive on but you never know one day someone might allow it again. Due to the dickhead factor though I'm not overly sure they will do much. We do have the odd section of beach in this area where the rangers allow campers to park their vehicles on the beach providing driving is only done to get on and off the beach or to launch boats.

Latest posts

Back