Double Din Head Unit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy the Kid

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with these units? Seller claims that the steering wheel controls for phone should work, I spoke to my Auto Elec today and he said that it should be OK but he needed to look at the unit.
Any help would appreciated as I cannot afford the brand name units.
Thanks in advance.

i just bought an app radio from pioneer. They are only $200 at the moment. It runs from your iPhone (4 and 4s only).

Its not too bad, bit glitchy, but for a GPS and ipod controller it works fine.

I have a D22, so not sure on steering wheel controls, but it has the cables on the back for it. I just got a harness from autobahn for $20 and easy wire.

Also has reverse camera input, an external GPS antenna and external microphone for bluetooth

Actually looks like a discontinued Pioneer unit but I can't remember the model number to confirm.

Most of these cheap units are the same, Digoptions or Digioptions were a fairly popular ebay brand name going around 18 months or so ago and I really doubt these will be any different.

There is no reason they wont work, you may need an adapter to go between the back of the unit and Nissan loom they are available from SCA apparently but I don't know which units specifically require these. There was also talk awhile ago about D40's needing a right angle antenna socket or something similar because of the support brace behind the head unit, again easy to buy and possibly an SCA product.

I can't remember who's got similar type units but I seem to remember several threads that probably had "ebay head units" or "digioptions" in the title.

If you haven't already checked it out and are not in a desperate hurry to buy check out the Pioneer scratch and dent sale, they regularly offer big discounts on head units, they are all factory refurbished but I believe still comes with 12 months warranty.

Pioneer Scratch & Dent units

I checked the Pioneer units, I spoke to Pioneer and it turns out that the models that they are selling at the moment are 2011 models with 2011 maps and they told me that they have no plans to upgrade maps on the 2011 models so buyer beware that the maps will not be current.

You can upgrade them yourself with alternative maps which is not that different to upgrading the cheap ebay options.

Personally I'd rather spend $1000 on an item I know has Australia support than $500 from a seller who says they are in Aus and drop ship from China with no idea about the technical specs other than what their suppliers email them. But then I also think GPS maps and units are the new millenniums biggest sucker toys.

Here is the app radio installed. Don't know about the map updates. It is through and app - Navfree, so I imagine it will still be updated.

It is a good unit, not a great unit. Buggy to say the least.

Attachments

• IMG_1116.jpg
    IMG_1116.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 174
I've been reading about those App Radio's. Sensational concept - use the head unit as a user interface and amp, all the brains reside in your iphone. Shame about some of the bugs tho.

Back