Does anyone know?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angiep

Reaction score
Each time we wind up the front lift, it's good for a few days but then it slowly just drops back down. Does anyone know why this would happen please?

That's odd, have you replaced the original torsion bars with HD ones? I would measure the distance between the adjusting arm and something easy to compare to underneath before doing it again. And measure the thread distance change, but I doubt it could be unwinding itself.

I recommend when you drop it back on the deck, run it around the block and measure again. I found mine sat higher initially which I put down to the wheels splaying inward while in the air and gripping the driveway before they could find the final track when I lowered it. I finally got it sorted when I needed new tyres and could get an alignment done at the same time

Each time we wind up the front lift, it's good for a few days but then it slowly just drops back down. Does anyone know why this would happen please?
Are the other components ok ? Control arm bushes and so on? The splines not worn on the bars, or the where they fit (causing them to gradually move)?

If they're all ok, perhaps the torsion bars have lost their tension altogether? No metallurgist, but they are just a lump of spring after all. I guess it's possible they can eventually go too soft? What is the ride like at the front?

Back