does anyone else have this problem?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lem

Reaction score
hey guys dry season is here and there's not much fun in the mud anymore so i've been going to my mate's farm where he use to have cattle and he's got a couple of very shallow water holes where i can get my car dirty and muddy. only problem is after doing this and not just at my mate's property as well as other mud grounds earlier this year my fan belt squeaks a lot afterwards. i wash my engine bay afterwards and if it still squeaks i let my engine run and hose down the belt. so is this a common problem? also what can i do to stop this?

It sounds like your fan belt is slipping, try adjusting the tension. If it's already adjusted correctly and still squealing then it may be time for a new belt.

I don't think there's a lot you can do really, mud truly ruins many things, I try to avoid it these days if I can, used to get into it now and then in my 4runner with 32" mongrels on it, but got tired of the ongoing maintenance issues.

I don't think there's a lot you can do really, mud truly ruins many things, I try to avoid it these days if I can, used to get into it now and then in my 4runner with 32" mongrels on it, but got tired of the ongoing maintenance issues.

there's a bit of gospel :rambo:

there's a bit of gospel :rambo:

I simply meant if it's clean and adjusted and still gives issue then it's probably munted, as you'd be aware mud is grit suspended in water and is abrasive, once the belt and pulley surface have been pitted a fair bit it will be noisy, I should have explained myself better.

Latest posts

Back