Daytime Running Lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am installing DRL on the truck .I am wondering where others picked up their "ignition" side connection.I can always just run a line from the lighter socket but really not fussed on running yet another wire through the firewall.

I can't remember exactly what I did! But I reckon I picked up one positive under the bonnet (one that comes on with ignition - e.g. wipers) and one from the light switch (this goes to the relay & turns off the DRL when headlights come on). Hope that helps!

I just bought a set of superchep daytime running lights that have a little black box. You just put them on your battery and whenever it is charging they are on :)
I used them for reverse lights so i cut this box out id be happy to send it to you for $10 + post so probly only $15 all up. Alternativly get online you might be able to buy one online cheap. I have no idea what here actually called

Sweet thanks for that. Will go hunting the wipers fuse.
I have rthe factory bull bar so easy to get at the park light cables .

You did however give me an idea.I wonder if I can wire in the headlights to turn on with the wipers mmmmmmmm

As usual the search let me down lol. Maybe I didnt use the right phrase
Ok and as to why would I want to well I would rather use DRL than replace headlight globes every 6 months
I have to drive on the wild streets of Canberra where the native pubic servant rules the streets. Anything at all that can help me avoid contact with the natives is a good thing.

I dont want them showing as extra lights so to speak so am mounting them under the front on the belly pan .

Just did the search on Daylight and came up with 1 thread but none on DRL which was my original search

Last edited:
No I meant the headlights with the wipers. I'd imagine it would be quite simply to do I just can't imagine too many instances in this world where I would want my headlights to come on each and every time I use the wipers.

I can see the odd occasion when that's useful but I can think of a lot more times where I would be using the wipers and have no need to use headlights.

I find it kind of funny that in this day and age so many make comments about not driving autos because they make drivers lazy yet more and more people want to add auto features to save them the effort of remembering a few things that should be second nature.

Totally agree but when others are ignorant or just stupid then something has to be done.
So many times we see people in silver cars driving round in bad weather and basically their car isnt visible.
They seem to think because they can see others then they can be seen.WRONG
Its more we have to start doing things for those who shouldnt have a licence in the first place

Auto headlights on that come on with the wipers wont change the attitudes of people who don't use their lights in dark or stormy weather.

DRL's might make a difference, although they too can create issues, but headlights that come on with wipers is like brakes that come on as soon as the accelerator is released, useful on the odd occasion but overkill the majority of the time.

check wiring diagrams for Canadian examples of the nav, daytime running lights been legislated mandatory there since the late 80's (my 92 mitsubishi had em)

The D40 Frontier has DRL as an option as does the as does the European models .All wiring diagrams show the circuits and our relay box covers show the position. I think its yet another case of the Aussie Nav being dumbed down from what it can have ,just like the temp readout in the dash.

All Telstra, railways and alot of Mine vehicles run these Daylight Running lights.

Been like it for years.

Ended up getting some "Genuine Copies" of phillips DRL lol
They apparently come from the same factory
anyway for $50 I wasnt complaining.They do the job pretty well and have auto voltage sensing switching. When the engines running the lights are on. Engine off = lights off and they connect to the park lights so go off when the parkers come on.

20121006_131408.jpg

Latest posts

Back