D40 holes FIY

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KraftyPg

In doing roof consoles, power supplies and dvd players I've come across another hole in my D40 which Nissan have so kindly left for me which could leak water into the cabin. So in case others want to check their own Nav's here's where I found the two I remember.

The first hole I found a few days after purchase was the grommet almost directly under the drivers seat which was pushed into the cab letting water push up into the carpet under the seat.

Today I found a captive nut under the center console (below the hand brake mechanism). No idea what the captive nut is for but all other holes and nuts are used or covered with water proof tape. This hole wont let much water in under normal conditions but for those who wade in water it might be worth check to see if the hole is covered because if submerged it will leak into the SRS control box and eventually into the carpet.

At best someone who has got a bolt in the thing can tell me what it's for.

Funny, I was in there looking for a spot for the UHF & saw the SRS control jobbie, didn't see any nuts missing screw (wasn't looking) but though to myself "those bloody cup holders better hadn't leak"

Cup holders? Do they stick cup holders there in the 550? cause the 3 containers they put in mine are useless at holding anything but the small size drinks....which is why one of mine is now a 2 port Aux and USB socket.

I still don't know what the bolt hole in mine is for but I bogged it with roof and gutter sealant and if I ever find I need a bolt there it can come out.

Umm having done the muddiest Simo crossing 'ever' I can confirm that those holes let lots of red mud in. My floor pan is covered in dried red mud. Still though will be sold as one lady owner never been off the road. lol.

Latest posts

Back