D40 boost drop

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cjs

Reaction score
Hey guys
I am getting a boost drop in my d40.
Using odb2 sensor i can see the boost is hitting 20psi and drops to 3to5psi.
I also have noticed the actuator is not moving on idle. Although it drops when the hose is removed or engine is turned off.
Also the fuel rail pressure drops at the same time the boost drops.
I have
Replaced boost controller (nissan genuine)
Actuator
Fuel filter (nissan genuine)
Euc reset
Maf sensor clean

Got a map sensor coming and have a fuel pressure release valve arriving soon.

Any thoughts legends, it driving me nuts

Today I placed the vacum hose from the right and side direct to the actuator ( bypassing boost controller completely) to see if that would get tje actuator moving on idle. It didnt.
But after going for a drive the boost didn't drop once. Travelled about 80kms this evening and it run fine.
The boost controller was replaced as was the actuator but I dont get why running the vacum hose direct it works ok but not though the boost controller.
What is the impact of leaving it like this? Any thought to why this could occur. Could the ecu map be be corrupt?

What is the impact of leaving it like this? Any thought to why this could occur. Could the ecu map be be corrupt?
Doing that is a good way check if the actuator is working but If you leave it like that chances are it will over boost and send the ECU into limp mode. Could be that the signal (voltage) to the solenoid is not right. I don't really know but ECU remap if not executed properly could be a culprit.

It definitely sounds like the BCS isn't working right. Either its electrical connection isn't good, or (always a possibility) the hoses aren't on right. But the exercise has proved that the vacuum pump is working, the brake booster has no fault adn the turbocharger works properly.

Latest posts

Back